DEEP DISH'S DUBFIRE TO RELEASE FIRST-EVER SOLO MIX ALBUM "DUBFIRE - TAIPEI" VIA GLOBAL UNDERGROUND ON APRIL 10
ECLECTIC MIX FEATURING TRACKS AND REMIXES BY DEPECHE MODE, CARL CRAIG, BOOKA SHADE , EXTRAWELT, SAMUEL L SESSION AND NITZER EBB
INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE DUBFIRE REMIXES AND DUBFIRE'S OWN FORTHCOMING SINGLE "I FEEL SPEED"
"This mix is more about who I am, as opposed to Deep Dish. This is an extension of all my influences from day one and where my head is at currently. I've always been about pushing the envelope musically and anytime there's a new sound, I'm paying attention."
- Dubfire, February 2007
So you think you know all about Deep Dish? Think again.
Dubfire (aka Ali Shirazinia)--one half of the Grammy Award winning and four-time nominated electronic music duo Deep Dish--has joined forces with Global Underground for the April 10 release of his first solo mix album Dubfire GU031 - Taipei. The 2-CD mix set is a sweeping change from anything you would have previously expected to hear from the Deep Dish member and it features the finest in house, electro, techno, and even industrial music.
Growing up in the Washington, DC area, Dubfire spent much of his youth playing the guitar in school bands and listening to heavy doses of classic Hip-Hop, jazz/rare groove, dub reggae, new wave and industrial. Dubfire was also influenced by the local punk scene and the music of hometown bands like Fugazi and Minor Threat. Members of these bands also worked at a local record store called Yesterday And Today Records, and this is where Dubfire first picked up on the sounds of acts such as Kraftwerk, Ministry, Jesus & Mary Chain, Depeche Mode, Nitzer Ebb, Adrian Sherwood/On-U Sound and Einstürzende Neubauten. Through this heavy industrial influence, namely the sound of Chicago's famed Wax Trax! label, Dubfire discovered the Chicago house scene and what labels like Trax and D.J. International Records were releasing.
Dubfire's eclectic new mix is the product of his diverse past and addictive music personality, and this mix is more about Dubfire personally and as a DJ. Dubfire's mix was compiled with tracks that he's both really into at the moment and that have also had a profound influence on shaping his love for music. Dubfire GU031 - Taipei is laced full of gems from a diverse lot including Depeche Mode, Carl Craig, Booka Shade, Extrawelt, Samuel L Session and Nitzer Ebb. However, the biggest surprise of all comes with Dubfire's original production "I Feel Speed;" a cover of an obscure Love & Rockets song that, for the first time, features his own vocals!
Dubfire GU031 - Taipei is released April 10 on Global Underground. Keep an eye out for April/May tour dates and several major events at the Winter Music Conference in March.
Deep Dish's previous releases for Global Underground include GU-025: Toronto (2003), Deep Dish - Global Underground 021: Moscow (2001) and Sharam GU29 - Dubai (2006).
GU031 TAIPEI TRACKLISTING
1. Intro: The Low End Specialists featuring Gay Joy 'It Comes From Inside [Inside-apella]'
2. Francois DuBois 'I Try'
3. Myself 'Barbeque'
4. Lance Jordan 'Sun is Rising [Ruff Mix]'
5. Julien Jabre 'Swimming Places [Sebastian Ingrosso Re-Edit]'
6. And If 'Finest Dream [Silicone Soul Remix]'
7. Booka Shade 'In White Rooms'
8. Simian Mobile Disco 'Hustler'
9. Ballroom 'Remember Me'
10. Deetron 'The Afterlife'
11. Lula 'The DJ, The Music & Me [Peace Division Remix]
12. DJ Simi & DJ Marotta 'My House'
13. Yoshimoto 'Do What U Do [Markus Schulz Remix]'
14. Dubfire 'I Feel Speed [Club Mix]'
15. X-Press 2 featuring Rob Harvey 'Kill 100 [Carl Craig Remix]'
1. Intro: Angel Lopez 'The First Rebirth [FX DJ Tool]'
2. Nitzer Ebb 'Control I'm Here [Dubfire's Jamrock Remix]'
3. U & K 'The Sax Track'
4. Nic Fanciulli 'Lucky Heather [Dubfire's Lucky 13 Remix Parts 1 + 2 - iTunes Edit]'
5. Noir 'My MTV [The Dolphins Remix'
6. Robbie Rivera 'Float Away [Dubfire's Casaplex Remix]'
7. DJ Vibe 'You' Kaos
8. Len Faki 'Die Rumpelkammer'
9. Depeche Mode 'Everything Counts [Oliver Huntemann & Stephan Bodzin Dub]'
10. Samuel L Session 'Related'
11. Samuel L Session 'Can You Relate?'
12. Emanuel Heinstein ' Satellites '
13. Alexander Kowalski & Barca Baxant 'Start Chasing [Extrawelt Remix]'
14. Ellen Alien & Apparat 'Jet [Paul Kalkbrenner Remix]'
ADDITIONAL ACAPELLAS USED:
1. Fierce Ruling Diva 'Believe in Me'
For more information on DUBFIRE and Global Underground visit: