Friday, October 10, 2008

End o' week musings

Here it is - the weekend! - and I'm sick.... I missed yesterday because I felt so cruddy that I spent the bulk of my day sleeping. Today I'm on the mend, but still not up to my usual crazy go-grrrl feel... Oh well, it still managed to be an exciting week.

Last Saturday I got measured for the bridesmaid's dress I will be wearing at my brother's wedding. The style is quite pretty and the color is decent-- a very dark blue. Not my fave, but at least it can be worn again.


Sunday I caught "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" with movie critic Vernor Rodgers. We both found the film fun. It's not one to make you think, but it's perfect for putting the stress of the week aside for a while.

The rest of my week was filled with interviews. I spoke with blues artist Kolvane, actress Mimi Kennedy, motorcycle man Tom Hensley and more. Today I will heading out to interview Molly Ringwald about her jazz performance coming up at the Pasadena Jazz Institute.

Also today, take some time to read some of my stories at http://www.sgvn.com/ Select a paper, then find the Weekend section and treat yourself to tales on Dave Morrison, Thelonious Dub, I Am Ghost, the play "The Sequence," Josha Kane, who will be performing Poe stories at CalTech tonight in Pasadena, and a nightlife review of the Dockside.

Also, if you're seeking some shakin' Sunday, you can catch me here:

Incognito Belly Dance Festival
Event: Noon-4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 12
Performance: 1:25 p.m.
Mile Square Park Recreation Center
Fountain Valley

Photos we got 'em: Yes, here's a couple cute pet pics, but better yet, my friend Ric Sarabia sent me a photo from his vacation in the wine country near Santa Barbara. There were tons of tarantulas for some reason and he sent me an action shot. You can catch Ric in the upcoming Angela Jolie film, "The Changeling" - he's the bad guy, which is kinda funny, as he's one of the nicest people I know and a terrific drummer, songwriter, performer too!

In rotation this week: HorrorPops, Brothers Von Doom, Valencia, Judas Priest, Necromantix, Die Cast and Joe Walla.


Thought of the week: Mmmm... it's a bit hard to think while feeling all icky, but perhaps the thing I've learned is that I really need to slow down sometimes. It was truly wonderful to be quiet and doze yesterday, especially after my super-hectic schedule. I've been ignoring the signs that my body was giving me, telling me to take a break and now I'm paying for it. Next time I'm going to take my own advice and hide away from the world for a little while when I need to. Perhaps even this Saturday! lol!

Keep on rockin'
Mickie



No comments: