SONGSALIVE! LOS ANGELES SONG CRITIQUE WORKSHOP WITH GUEST SPEAKER PAMELA PHILLIPS OLAND
Song critique session first half, followed by Guest Speaker: PAMELA PHILLIPS OLAND - "Writing Beyond your Own Life Experiences." See bio below.
Songsalive! holds workshops where songwriters gather to share their songs, gain feedback and develop relationships within the songwriting communities we have created around the world. The first half is solely dedicated to an in-the-round workshop where writers present one song each - either on tape, CD or live followed by a guest speaker/ industry discussion in the second half and plenty of time to talk and network.
Moderated by Paul Lawrence Moyer.
WHEN: Sunday, January 18, 2009
TIME: Starts 12:00 pm SHARP. Ends at 3 pm. Please be on time.
WHERE: THE FINNISH CENTER
10701 Magnolia Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Just East of Vineland
COST: $5 for non-members, free to Songsalive! members.
You can join Songsalive! to participate in the workshops at www.songsalive.org/join
REGISTER: Pre-registrations helpful but not necessary. Register your attendance through our Meetup group at www.songsalive.org/losangeles or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW RULES FOR SONG CRITIQUES AT OUR WORKSHOPS
1. Must be on time - 15 minutes after the start time is too late to be considered for a song critique.
2. Current financial members get priority. Non-members can present once all members who want to present have been accounted for.
3. First timers can sit and watch, but not present a song.
4. Non-members pay only $5 to come; free to members (keep your membership current by logging into your profile at www.songsalive.org)
5. We are no longer doing first come first serve, but rather pulling numbers out of a hat. This will keep it fair. However, you need to arrive early/on time to even be considered to present a song.
6. Read the workshop rules at www.songsalive.org/workshops and download a PDF flyer on how to give and receive critique.
7. Come prepared! 1 song either on tape, CD or live (bring own guitar or keyboard for an unplugged performance) and up to 20 copies of your typed lyric sheet with contact details clearly displayed.
8. Come with writing paper and a pen.
SPEAKER:Pamela Phillips Oland
Pamela is a Grammy-nominated lyricist with more than 450 songs recorded, including by Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin and Frank Sinatra. She's the author of two songwriting books, "The Art of Writing Great Lyrics" and "The Art of Writing Love Songs" With hundreds of artist cuts and TV & film usage credits accumulated over more than 20 years as a successful songwriter, Oland has become the go-to lyricist composers, directors, artists and music supervisors look to for the precise kind of lyrics they need.
Writing Beyond your Own Life Experiences.
All Songsalive! speakers biographies can be read atwww.songsalive.org/speakers.
Join our email list and discussion groups at www.songsalive.org/community.
Be reminded of this event by joining eNotes discussion group on that link.
For information on this event and more in Southern California go to: www.songsalive.org/losangeles
Songsalive! is a non-profit organization dedicated to the nurturing, supportand promotion of songwriters and composers worldwide.
For Songsalive! information, media and membership inquiries (not Workshop inquiries, use contact above) call head office at 800-871-901 2 Extension 73615#
or Email email@example.com
OUR WEBSITE: http://www.songsalive.org
http://www.songsalive.org/losangeles for local events
Songsalive! Los Angeles supporting and promoting songwriters and composers worldwide