Friday, January 23, 2009

Ace Enders to tour in support of new effort, single release benefits VH1 Save the Music Foundation

Already a household name from his early days as frontman of alt-rock heroes The Early November, ACE ENDERS is gearing up for the release of When I Hit the Ground on March 17, 2009 via Drive-Thru/Vagrant Records. Taking the nome du jour of Ace Enders and a Million Different People, this is his new band and not one of his many side projects for which he's famous.

"I view this release as a combination of both a new beginning and an extension of previous projects, as weird as that sounds," Ace explains. "It's a happy middle ground from what I want to be in the future to what I know I am right now. For me, the style of this record is about knowing my roots and where I came from, but having goals for moving into the next thing at the same time. I'm not trying to over-extend myself and try to be something I'm not. When I Hit the Ground is my favorite record I've ever done."

A fascinating and virally-infectious collection of songs that pops and clicks in all the right spots, When I Hit the Ground encompasses Ace's trademark introspective and socially-conscious lyrics and impassioned singing while expanding his musical scope. From the melodic powerhouse first single "The Only Thing I Have (The Sign)," to the classic-in-waiting "When I Hit the Ground," to the breezy sing-along "Reaction," to the acoustic crowd-pleasing ballad "Bring Back Love," this album is a potent heavy dose of the songwriting power that has been his forte since his days in The Early November.

"I'm proud of the song 'Bring Back Love' because normally I would be afraid to do something so cheesy," he says. "In growing up, you learn that sometimes you just have to let that happen and I think that the message is a good overall message that I'd love to spread."

Ace recently celebrated the huge success of the holiday single release of "Bittersweet Symphony," a cover of the Verve's smash single which featured guest vocals from Tom Hoppus, Craig Owens (Chiodos), among many notable others. Ever the socially-conscious musician, all proceeds generated from sales of the single benefits The VH1 Save the Music Foundation.

When I Hit the Ground comes at a pivotal time in the world, as observed by the ultra-patriotic and socially-conscious Ace.

"I'm pumped to see Obama as our President," he beams. "Seeing President Obama take the office and accomplish his goal and make history was awesome because it's a good reminder and lesson for the whole country that anyone can do anything they put their mind to and work hard for it. That's really why I'm patriotic, because America is a place where things like this can happen."

Ace Enders and a Million Different People will hit the road in March and April with Craig Owens (Chiodos), Fred Mascherino (The Color Fred), and others.

Tour dates are:
Mar 11 The Masquerade (downstairs) Atlanta, GA
Mar 12 The Social Orlando, FL
Mar 13 The Orpheum Tampa, FL
Mar 14 Java Jazz Houston, TX
Mar 15 White Rabbit San Antonio, TX
Mar 18 The Max Dallas, TX
Mar 25 Chain Reaction Anaheim, CA
Mar 26 Knitting Factory Hollywood Los Angeles, CA
Mar 27 The Boardwalk Orangevale, CA
Mar 28 Hawthorne Theatre Portland, OR
Mar 29 El Corazon Seattle, WA
Mar 31 Avalon Theatre Salt Lake City, UT
Apr 01 Marquis Theatre Denver, CO
Apr 03 The Loft Madison, WI
Apr 04 Mojoe’s Rock House Tinley Park, IL
Apr 05 Grog Shop Cleveland, OH
Apr 07 Highline Ballroom New York, NY
Apr 08 The Trocadero Philadelphia, PA
Apr 09 Ottobar Baltimore, MD
Apr 10 Pike Room @ the Crofoot Pontiac, MI

Produced by longtime friend and collaborator, Chris Badami (Dillinger Escape Plan, Midtown, The Early November), When I Hit the Ground will be released on March 17, 2009 via Drive-Thru/Vagrant Records.

No comments: