SONGSALIVE! ORANGE COUNTY SONG CRITIQUE WORKSHOP WITH GUEST SPEAKER G.F. MILEY
Song critique session first half, followed by Guest Speaker: G.F. MILEY - "Chord Progressions and Sequences." See bio below.
Songsalive! holds workshops where songwriters gather to share their songs, gain feedback and develop relationships within the songwriting communities we have created around the world. The first half is solely dedicated to an in-the-round workshop where writers present one song each - either on tape, CD or live followed by a guest speaker/ industry discussion in the second half and plenty of time to talk and network.
Moderated this week by Jimi Yamagishi.
WHEN:Sunday, January 25, 2009
TIME:Starts 7:00 pm SHARP. Ends at 10 pm. Please be on time.
WHERE: Spires Resturant (in the meeting room)
13030 Goldenwest Ave.
(corner of Garden Grove Ave)
Westminster, CA 92683
Phone for directions only: 714-636-0442. (Songsalive! contactbelow)
(Please consider ordering dinner before or after the workshop! It helps to make our hosts happy if each person orders about $8.00 worthof food for the night. They’re paying for the lights and air conditioning!)
COST: $5 for nonmembers, free to Songsalive! members.You can join Songsalive! to participate in the workshops atwww.songsalive.org/join
REGISTER:Pre-registrations helpful but not necessary. Register your attendance through our Meetup group at www.songsalive.org/orangecounty
NEW RULES FOR SONG CRITIQUES AT OUR WORKSHOPS
1. Must be on time - 15 minutes after the start time is too late to be considered for a song critique.
2. Current financial members get priority. Non-members can present once all members who want to present have been accounted for.
3. First timers can sit and watch, but not present a song.
4. Non-members pay only $5 to come; free to members (keep your membership current by logging into your profile at www.songsalive.org)
5. We are no longer doing first come first serve, but rather pulling numbers out of a hat. This will keep it fair. However, you need to arrive early/on time to even be considered to present a song.
6. Read the workshop rules at www.songsalive.org/workshops and download a PDF flyer on how to give and receive critique.
7. Come prepared! 1 song either on tape, CD or live (bring own guitar or keyboard for an unplugged performance) and up to 20 copies of your typed lyric sheet with contact details clearly displayed.
8. Come with writing paper and a pen.
TOPIC: “Chord Progressions and Sequences”
G. F. Miley's current project has been the musical, VENICE (book, music, lyrics, dialogue written in their entirety by Miley) under workshop consideration with Center Theatre Group (Mark Taper Forum, Ahmanson and Kirk Douglas Theaters). Besides his songwriting, Miley is acclaimed internationally for his recordings and live performing as a featured pianist and composer. His songs have been produced and recorded by such as Freddie Hubbard, George Harrison, The Cunninghams, the latter on a Grammy-Nominated album. For more information on G.F. Miley and his projects, go to www.jazcraft.net.
All Songsalive! speakers biographies can be read atwww.songsalive.org/speakers.
Join our email list and discussion groups at www.songsalive.org/community.
Be reminded of this event by joining eNotes discussion group on that link.
For information on this event and more in Southern California go to: www.songsalive.org/orangecounty
Songsalive! is a non-profit organization dedicated to the nurturing, supportand promotion of songwriters and composers worldwide.
For Songsalive! information, media and membership inquiries (not Workshopinquiries, use contact above) call head office at 800-871-901 2 Extension 73615#
or Email email@example.com
OUR WEBSITE: http://www.songsalive.org
http://www.songsalive.org/orangecounty for local events