Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The March Divide releases new album

“Jose Cuervo” is the latest single and video from Music for Film by The March Divide




+++


Check out the premiere of the “Jose Cuervo” video by The March Divide atUnder The Radar and download the MP3 via Diffuser.fm

The story depicted in “Jose Cuervo,” the latest single and video from Music for Film by San Antonio-based band The March Divide, is true.

“I wrote the song way back when I was still touring for a living,” says band leader,Jared Putnam. “I had a show in Amarillo and I ran into this girl that I would always see at my shows there. I had never talked to her before, but I had developed a crush on her. This was December, and I'll always remember that it was snowing in the desert. After the show, we went to my friend’s house, got fucked up on Cuervo, and I wrote the song.  She was there every time I played Amarillo after that, and I would always play ‘Jose Cuervo’ for her.

Music for Film is scheduled for release next week.  Putnam recently discussed the album with David Brown of NPR-affiliate KUTX, Austin on the “Texas Music Matters” program. Music for Film is a fresh start for Putnam after leaving the rock and roll life following many years on the road with his band The Conversation.

“All of that time on tour wrecked my personal life,” he explains. “But, it only took a couple of years before the void from not playing was just too big to ignore.” An acoustic-based record that only has a full drum kit on half of the songs, the unique sound of Music for Film still maintains distinct references to Putnam’s louder influences such as The Promise Ring and Cursive, and Putnam’s love of Elliott Smith comes out in the album’s catchy hooks, clever lyrics and unexpected upbeat moments.

The March Divide will tour in support of Music for Film in early 2013. 



The March Divide Live
*=Solo **= Full Band

02/07 Austin, TX @ Parish Underground **, Record Release Show
02/09 San Antonio, TX @ Boneshakers **, 21+, 9PM, Record Release Show
02/12 Conway, AR @ Bear's Den Pizza *, 18+, Free
02/14 Columbia, MO @ The Bridge *, 8PM
02/15 St. Louis, MO @ Lemmons *, 21+, 9PM
02/16 Lake St. Louis, MO @ House Show *, 8PM, RSVP:info@themarchdivide.com
02/17 Tulsa, OK @ The Hunt Club *, 8PM
02/21 Austin, TX @ Red Eyed Fly **, All Ages, 10PM

+++

The March Divide
Music for Film
(Dead Letter Records – Feb. 12th, 2013)



Track Listing:

01. Still Analog 
02. Davey
03. Skinny Brain
04. I’m Unconvinced
05. Pick Me Up 
06. I Don’t Remember Why
07. Done Waiting
08. Flake
09. Jose Cuervo 
10. It’s All Been Sung

No comments: