Friday, March 16, 2007

End o' week musings










This kitty's expression as he nibbles on a Bomb Pop totally sums up my thoughts of "thank goodness it's Friday"! (Also note photos of Joe Walla Band and me with Paul Stoddard of Diescast, but more about them later). It has been one long, tiring week for me, made even longer due to my lack of exciting adventures... unless you consider surgery exciting... Yes, I'll come clean- I wasn't lounging by the pool last week, I had to have a biopsy on Friday. It wasn't all that bad, as my surgeon and her staff were wonderful and the anthesiologist did a great job.

I was afraid because in the past I have woken up on the table in the operating room or made it through to recovery and then woken up so ill that I thought they wouldn't let me ever go home. This time I went to sleep swiftly and calmly and woke up as if I had been sleeping. In fact, I had a really fun dream- I was in a band and all the nurses and doctors were my band mates. They were all in their scrubs, while I was rocked out. I told the nurses and even remembered what instruments they played and one nurse gasped, "You said I was the keyboardist and I play piano!" How's that?!

My mother came to care for me for 5 days and we went out on a long walk every morning (doctor's orders) and I slept deeper than a zombie every afternoon ha ha! My phone rang and rang and I received bouquets, a nice Middle Eastern dinner and happy visits from my friends and co-workers. If it wasn't so darn uncomfortable, it would have been a lot more fun, but...

Thursday I went for my post-op visit and the doctor told me my biopsy report came back negative, although it was still a good thing we removed the mass. She also said I can return to my normal busy self as I feel able. I'd like to thank all of the wonderful people in my life who have been supportive and have kept me in their thoughts and prayers.
The weekend is looking up for me, as I have band practice on Saturday and dance rehearsal Sunday. Valerie promised that if I don't feel up to dancing, she'll treat me to a nice glass of wine and some good conversation-- now that's a deal!
Other good news, Diecast will be at the House of Blues, Hollywood on April 1 www.hob.com; www.diecast1.net. More good stuff to see and hear, include Trash Daddy www.trashdaddy.com at Angel's Roadhouse in Yucaipa on St. Patrick's Day, Joe Walla Band at Angel's Roadhouse on March 24 and Aluminum Marshmallow and the Age of Aquarius Horn Section at the Wistaria Festival in Sierra Madre www.sierramadrechamber.com on March 25.
In rotation this week- Stray Cats, Tribe of Gypsies, Morpheus, Joe Walla, The Bad Cats and Orange Sky.
Keep positive and be thankful for the little joys in life
and as always,
keep on rockin'
Mickie






No comments: