Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Megadeth readies new album & hits the road with Heaven and Hell

I am sooo excited about this tour I could pop over! Not only will the music be great, but the players are some of the nicest rockers around. Heaven and Hell's Ronnie James Dio always treats me with the utmost kindness and makes me feel special at his concerts by introducing me to his friends and fans after the show.

As for Dave Mustaine, he charmed me during an interview a few years back when he asked me to wait so he could fix some buttons on his little one's sweater. He's a real family guy! I also learned of his passion for good coffee so I took him a bag of one of the Starbucks blends when I went to his concert. When I apologized that I had it ground because I wasn't sure if he had a grinder on his tour bus and I know he likes freshly ground beans, he gave me a huge hug and an honest thank you... it seems, his coffee supply was running low and I saved him a trip trying to track some down. Dave said that he wished he had something to give me, to which I replied that the interview, the show and meeting him was more than enough. And it was! Plus, whenever our paths cross now, Dave remembers me and always has a big smile and something interesting to talk about. -M


MEGADETH CONFIRM MAY 15 AS RELEASE DATE FOR NEW ALBUM "UNITED ABOMINATIONS" ON ROADRUNNER RECORDS;

NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES WITH HEAVEN AND HELL COMMENCE MARCH 11

MEGADETH will release their 11th studio album UNITED ABOMINATIONS May 15 via their new label Roadrunner Records. Frontman DAVE MUSTAINE recently completed tracking and mixing the album in rural Derbyshire, England with producer Andy Sneap (Killswitch Engage, Testament, Arch Enemy).

Of the new CD, MUSTAINE says listening to it "puts a smile on the inside of me for the first time in years. We all can smile on the outside, but the project has satisfied me, and I am completely content deep inside. I can't remember when I had such a pleasant time making a record. It is fast, heavy, melodic, and of course controversial, as well as hooky with some unexpected twists."

The album was recorded in Los Angeles and England by MUSTAINE (guitar/vocals) with GLEN DROVER (guitar), SHAWN DROVER (drums) and JAMES LOMENZO (bass).

"Metal needs a really good old school record again," says MUSTAINE. "I believe I have delivered."

The album's first single is "À Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free)," a newly recorded version of the early MEGADETH classic that now features guest vocals by Cristina Scabbia of Lacuna Coil. The album's 10 other songs are: "Sleepwalker," "Washington Is Next!," "Never Walk Alone - A Call To Arms," "United Abominations," "Gears Of War," "Blessed Be The Dead," "Play For Blood," "Amerikhastan," "You're Dead" and "Burnt Ice."

In other MEGADETH news, the iconic and influential group recently announced they'll tour North America with Heaven And Hell (featuring members of Black Sabbath) beginning March 11 in Vancouver, BC. On this tour, MUSTAINE will exclusively play his new signature axe from Dean Guitars that he unveiled at the NAMM convention in Anaheim, CA in January.

Meanwhile, MEGADETH released the electrifying live DVD That One Night: Live In Buenos Aires March 6 via Image Entertainment. In 2006, Image Entertainment released a DVD and CD from the multi-act 2005 GIGANTOUR festival, which MUSTAINE founded that year for "positive bands that play heavy music in a high energy environment." The 2005 tour, DVD and CD featured MEGADETH with Dream Theater, Fear Factory, Nevermore, Life Of Agony, Symphony X, Dry Kill Logic and Bobaflex. Appearing along with MEGADETH on the 2006 GIGANTOUR were: Lamb of God, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Overkill, Into Eternity, Sanctity and The Smash-Up.

Catch up with MEGADETH via www.megadeth.com for updates and postings from the group.

The current MEGADETH tour dates are as follows:
Date City Venue
Heaven and Hell Tour:
Sun 3/11 Vancouver, BC Pacific Coliseum
Tue 3/13 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
Wed 3/14 Calgary, AB Saddledome
Fri 3/16 Regina, SK Brandt Centre
Sun 3/18 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre
Tue 3/20 Sault St. Marie, ON Steelback Centre
Thu 3/22 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Sat 3/24 London, ON John Labatt Centre
Mon 3/26 Montreal, PQ Bell Centre
Tue 3/27 Quebec City, PQ Colisee Pepsi Arena
Wed 3/28 Ottawa, ON Civic Center
Sun 4/22 Phoenix, AZ Dodge Theatre
Tue 4/24 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion
Wed 4/25 Los Angeles, CA Forum
Thu 4/26 San Diego, CA Coors Amphitheater
Sat 4/28 Albuquerque, NM Journal Pavilion
Sun 4/29 Denver, CO Broomfield Events Center
Tue 5/1 San Antonio, TX Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Wed 5/2 Houston, TX Cynthia Mitchell Woods
Thu 5/3 Dallas, TX Nokia Theater
Sat 5/5 Chicago, IL All State Arena
Sun 5/6 Minneapolis, MN Theatre at Target Center
Tue 5/8 Cincinnati, OH US Bank Arena
Thu 5/10 Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Arena
Fri 5/11 Cleveland, OH Tower City Amphitheater
Sat 5/12 Detroit, MI Cobo Hall
Mon 5/14 Albany, NY Times Union Center
Tue 5/15 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena
Thu 5/17 Lowell, MA Tsongas Arena
Fri 5/18 Baltimore, MD Merriweather Pavilion
Sat 5/19 Holmdel, NJ PNC Arts Center

No comments: