Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Amel Larrieux's new CD released yesterday

“With talent like Larrieux's anything is possible.”—Vibe, 2000

Bliss Life Records, released Amel Larrieux’s collection of great American standards, Lovely Standards yesterday.
“I grew up watching musicals from the 40’s and 50’s, and my grandfather used to play standards on the piano while our family sang," explains Larrieux, "It was inevitable that I try my hand at interpreting these songs because they were very influential in shaping who I have become as an artist.”
Singer, songwriter Amel Larrieux and producer Laru Larrieux have handpicked a collection of songs. Their nuanced delivery once again exhibits this pair's versatility and devotion to their craft while defying stereotypes. Parlaying Amel's reputation for vulnerable yet intense interpretations of her own songs into an intimate and relevant portrait of classics ranging from Ellington to Rodgers and Hammerstein.
Larrieux will also be performing two shows at BB Kings this Saturday, June 26, at 8 PM and 10:30 PM. Tickets are $27.50 and available on www.ticketmaster.com. BB Kings is located at 237 W. 42nd St., between 7-8 AVE.
For more information, please visit www.blisslife.com.

Track Listing:
Shadow of Your Smile
If I Loved You
You're My Thrill
Something Wonderful
Try Your Wings
Younger than Springtime
Wild is the Wind
I like the Sunrise
Lucky to be Me
If I Were a Bell

No comments: