Friday, May 18, 2007

End o' week musings




Good grief- it's already Friday!! I've had such a week that I can barely remember everything I've done.


My mother's birthday was May 10 so I took her to the Pasadena Showcase House of Design at Descanso Gardens. We looked all through the "updo" of the historic Boddy House and then wandered through the Marketplace and all of the gardens. Later we went to Rocky Cola in Montrose for dinner. Rocky Cola is a cute restaurant with a '50s diner theme and a big jukebox with a good selection of music... the menu is good too. If you go, try one of their shakes, they'll make almost any flavor you want.


We rounded out the night by walking down to the Skye Box for the open mic night. It was fun, as there was everything from solo artists to full bands jumping up to share their talent. There was also lots of English beer, which my mum enjoyed and we even danced.


Friday mum and I drove along Pacific Coast Highway and then hunted for shells at Huntington Beach. That night we went to Dockside Grill in Covina to see Steve and Steve, an acoustic act that offers up a mix of folk and old rock.


This week I've been working on a new choreography with my belly dance partner, Valerie, and interviewing lots of interesting people, such as Isaac from Acute and Jesse from the Aggrolites.


In rotation this week: Orange Sky, Dio, Acute, the Randies, Joe Walla, Arjen Luccassen, Tom Petty, Aggrolites, Richard Marx, Offspring and Cole Porter.




Do something good for yourself this week and


keep on rockin'


Mickie


No comments: