Friday, May 4, 2007

End o' week musings




Scary as it sounds, I've had a pretty quiet week. I went to a nice barbecue Saturday where the band Fisheye performed. And on Sunday I went to the Pasadena Community College Concert Band performance- it was soothing sitting there in the dark, cool hall with pleasant strains of classical music wafting through the air.


Monday I interviewed Chico's Bail Bonds. They're a local blues band which has quite a following and if you pick up their CD, "Bustin' Out The Blues," you'll know why. Check them out at www.chicosbailbondsblues.com


Otherwise I had dance practice and Valerie and I are upping the ante from a few new choreographies to a new costume as well. We went through our fabric and trim collections and have made plans to shop for a few more things on Sunday. It will be fun to do a new project even though it's a lot of hard work.


I'm going to the Avalon tonight to catch MxPx- I really like them. They're funny and perky and were a wonderful interview several years ago.
If you'd like to see me and some video from my adventure at Circus Vargas, visit www.sgvn.com select any paper then scroll down to the audio/video/slideshows box and pick Return to the Circus. You'll get a nice peek at the show, including what I did opening night. The circus will still be open in Westfield Shoppingtown West Covina through Sunday. For the facts, visit www.circusvargas.org


Lastly, I want to send a shout out to Mike Davis, bassist for Dramarama and Halford~ Congrats on being included on Halford's brand new collection ready for European release, but more importantly, go Ducks! For the unfamiliar, Mike is a big Kings hockey fan and we have a little rivalry going. He was teasing me yesterday that the Canucks would stampede right over my Duckies, keeping them from the opportunity to win the whole shebang. Give it up, Mike, they're gonna win big this year. Perhaps your Kings will get themselves together over the coming months and figure out a way to go for the gold next year!


In rotation this week: Lacuna Coil, Chico's Bail Bonds, Requisite, Bluebeard, Acute, Gallows, Ozma, MxPx, Jaded 52, Joe Walla Band, Morpheus (my former band) and most of my Dio collection.


Do something good for yourself this week if you deserve it, if you don't buy your best friend an ice cream cone and, as always,


Keep on rockin'


Mickie

No comments: