Thursday, May 17, 2007

Rapper Young Jeezy announces contest

As the countdown to Cold Summer continues, multi-platinum rap superstar Young Jeezy is keeping the street flooded with new music. True to the moniker of both his label and new single, Young Jeezy Presents USDA: Cold Summer “The Authorized Mixtape” is set for a May 22 release on CTE, and features the underground banger “White Girl” and the new single “Corporate Thuggin’.”

Cold Summer is a certified street banger from top to bottom, featuring production work from CTE’s stable of up-and-coming producers like Sanchez, Nazty, Midnight Black and Drumma Boy.
“I wanted to do it mixtape-style 'cause I wanted it to be something for the streets,” explains Jeezy. “ It's a street album, just raw."
USDA – Jeezy, ATL spitter Slick Pulla and Panama City’s Blood Raw – are featured on the cover of the June issue of street bible XXL Magazine.

It’s an exciting time for Young Jeezy: he has just launched his Rocawear-distributed clothing line, Eighty Seven Thirty Two (8732). His sophomore album The Inspiration has pushed past platinum status and is out-selling nearly every rap album on the charts. The smash second single “Go Getta” (featuring R. Kelly) hit #1 on BET’s 106 & Park, Big 10 on MTV, and broke the Top 5 at urban radio. The Inspiration’s third single, “Dreamin’” featuring Keyshia Cole, has impacted at radio and the Chris Robinson-directed video has been added at BET and MTV.

Jeezy has a mission for the new single: to make dreams come true. “Dreamin” is a heartfelt testament of his troubled past and talks about Jeezy’s ambition to survive the perils of living in a tough neighborhood. As the self-anointed “Soul Survivor,” Jeezy realizes that many others have faced similar turmoil. Reflecting on his past, he will utilize the success from this album to help others overcome their hardships.
Young Jeezy will launch the “Make Your Dream Come True” contest to coincide with the release of the single and video. This will be an open invitation to fans to share their dreams with Jeezy and ultimately have him fulfill their wishes. Fans will direct all of their stories to his official website, www.youngjeezy.com and Young Jeezy will personally review each dream. One lucky fan will have the chance to have Jeezy make their dream come true.
The “Make Your Dreams Come True” contest is a genuine effort by Young Jeezy to personally touch the fans and let them know that he identifies with their struggles. It is also a motivational tribute to those who have inspired him during his childhood and a way of passing the torch to uplift the next generation of future leaders. Both the single and contest give a sense of triumph to Young Jeezy.
He says, “Sometimes I look at my life and I’m amazed at how far I’ve come. If it wasn’t for certain people supporting me, I don’t think I’d be able to accomplish what I have…that’s why I’m doing this for my fans. They’re the ones who helped to make Young Jeezy number one and it’s important that I give back to them. I wanted to do more than just say ‘thank you,’ I wanted to show them how thankful I am that they’re helping me realize my dreams. For me, this whole contest, and even my career will make me feel like I’ve accomplished a lot if I can help someone else realize their dreams too.”
Deadline for submissions is June 21. The winner will be announced on July 23. For more information, visit www.youngjeezy.com or www.myspace.com/youngjeezy.

No comments: