Monday, May 5, 2008

Avril Lavigne postpones tour dates due to illness

AVRIL LAVIGNE FORCED TO POSTPONE SIX ADDITIONAL U.S. TOUR DATES DUE TO ACUTE LARYNGITIS


After Avril Lavigne performed 37 shows across North America, she announced this evening that she must postpone the next six dates of her North American “The Best Damn Tour” due to her acute laryngitis. Lavigne previously cancelled shows this week in Phoenix and San Diego due to her condition.

“My sincerest apologies to all of my fans. My intention was to complete the rest of the tour but tonight at sound check in Anaheim I realized this wasn’t possible. Even though I have been resting my voice for days, when I tried to sing nothing came out.” Lavigne said this evening.

Refunds will be available at point of purchase on Monday.

Postponed dates are as follows:

05/03/08 Anaheim, CA Honda Center
05/04/08 Universal City, CA Gibson Amphitheatre At Univ. CityWalk
05/06/08 Santa Barbara, CA Santa Barbara Bowl
05/07/08 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose
05/09/08 Spokane, WA Spokane Arena
05/10/08 Everett, WA Comcast Arena / Everett Events Ctr.

No comments: