The Natural Stage Project is really excited to announce this year's all-star lineup for the UketoberFest 2008 which will take place this Sunday!
and some special guest appearances.
Sunday, October 5th, 2008
2pm - 7pm
Millard Canyon Falls (in the Angeles National Forest)
From the 210, take the Lake Ave exit and go North about 3.5 miles (Altadena). Make a left on Loma Alta Drive which is near the base of the mountain. Go a mile or so down the road until you get to a blinking yellow light. Take a right (go north) on Chaney Trail to the top of Sunset Ridge turning left and going down the hill on the other side to a large parking lot (about 1.5 miles total on Chaney trail - set your odometers).
A Photo Map:
Go to www.picasaweb.google.com/hikeswithoutmics/millard
Things to bring:
- Sneakers (I tried this trail with flip flops, and it's not that fun - there's a good amount of boulder hopping)
- Bug Spray (Since it's so shady and lush, you have to pay the price with bugs. We'll bring some bug spray just in case you forget).
- A ukulele, should you chose to partake in some open "mic" actvity
- An Adventure Pass for your car (Try and carpool with someone with an adventure pass! You can buy them for $5 online here:
- Water - you can never have too much water
- A picnic if you're hungry!- friends!!!
OctoberFest drinks at the Red Lion in Silverlake:
- If you'd like to camp at Millard - you CAN! There are 5 primitive camp sites. Call (818) 899-1900 for current conditions and additional information.
- If you need to bring alcohol, PLEASE conceal it to the best of your ability.
- No SMOKING! This is Fire season!
- The hike is about 1.5 miles round trip. It's very shady, and pretty flat, but there IS some boulder hopping and mild climbing. Children can do it easily. It's not so much of a skip in the park, as it is a hop in the creek. See the photo map for details.
For more information, head to: