Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bernie Pearl performances and radio show

Hello blues friends:

Spring is just around the corner (this Friday 3/20) and there are a few things a-poppin' in the next couple of months I'd like you to know about.

But first, earlier this month, both my Boulevard Music concert, with Mike Barry on bass, and the "Poetry Gets the Blues" reading at Beyond Baroque, with Leslie Baker on bass, were very well-attended and a great deal of fun. I hope you'll be coming to a show soon.

Coming themes on "My Kind of Blues" - Saturdays 3:00-5:00 on www.wpmd.org :

March 21 We'll help straighten out the economic mess with "The Blues and the Green"

March 28 Anticipating

April 1 by playing those "Foolish Blues"

April 3 We celebrate the birthday of McKinley Morganfield (4/4/15), "Muddy's Blues"

April 11 Remembering the sinking of the Titanic (4/14/12), "God Moves"

Pianist Dwayne Smith and I will be at Iva Lee's, 555 El Camino Real, San Clemente on Friday, March 27, and on Saturdays, April 11 & May 9

Friday, April 17 I will be in concert, with Mike Barry on bass, at Old Time Music in San Diego. Two sets in a wonderful, music-centered small concert venue. Great shop with many vintage instruments on display and for sale.
April 17, 8:00, Old Time Music, 2852 University Ave., San Diego 92104.
$20. (619) 280-9035.

Sunday, May 17 I will again play a set at the Sepulveda Garden Center Music Festival
16633 Magnolia Bl., Encino Ca 91436. Free, outdoors, all ages. Time TBA

Saturday & Sunday, May 23-24 (daytime) I will play an acoustic set with Mike Barry on Saturday, and will bring in the Bernie Pearl Blues Band for Sunday at the Simi Valley Cajun Creole Music Festival, Rancho Santa Susanna Community Park, 5005 Los Angeles Ave., Simi Valley Ca 93063. Times & tickets TBA

Saturday, May 23 (evening) I will be joined by bassist Mike Barry and violinist Jim Shirey (Hangan Bros.) for an evening of acoustic blues at the Folk Music Center & Museum, 220 Yale Ave, Claremont Ca 91711. (909) 624-2928. Time & tickets TBA

Coming up this Summer:

Saturday, June 20, Mike and I will be playing the T-Bone Walker Blues Festival in Linden, Texas.

Thursday, July 30 I will be in concert with the Bernie Pearl Blues Band at Rancho Los Cerritos, Long Beach.

Saturday, October 24 Mike and I travel to the Deep Blues Innovators Festival in Monmouth, Illinois, where I will also offer a blues guitar workshop. More details to come.

http://www.myspace.com/berniepearl
http://berniepearl.com

No comments: