Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Check out Boyd Lewis' Atlanta '70s Web 'zine

From Boyd Lewis:

The response to my weekly web 'zine of photojournalism of Atlanta during the 1970s has been overwhelming. Thank you.

Each chapter covers a subject in photos that I took as a starveling photojournalist.

The Atlanta History Center and I are working to digitize and catalog some 23,000 photos in the collection. Mason Murer Fine Art Gallery has hosted three exhibits of my photos.

The decade following Dr. King's death showed his spirit moving in a way not seen anywhere else or at anytime since. These photos show something amazing happening that should refresh our idealism in these grim days of teabaggers, brownshirts and men with guns at President Obama's events.

These are the chapters so far :

(1) Welcome to the Webzine

(2) Piedmont Park

(3)Hippies in Atlanta! However did they get in?

(4)The Rise of Andy Young

(5)Martin King's troubled legacy

(6) Tom Houck; human switchboard or power vampire?

Go to my website for more photos and excerpts from my memoir, "White Boy with the Black Press."

www.boydsatlanta.com

No comments: