Mosaic Table Workshop
Leigh Adams, instructor
Saturday, February 12 (Day 1): 10am - 3pm
Saturday, February 19 (Day 2): 12noon - 3pm
$90 members / $100 non-members;
Limited to 15 participants
Includes limited supplies
Reservations required—please call 626.821.4623 or email email@example.com
Come for a two day mosaic table class! Bring a template of your table and we’ll create a substrate OR bring a glass table top to work upon. In this two day class, we’ll spend the first day learning to cut glass and tile using a variety of tools both electric and manual. We’ll learn how to cut substrates (platforms) for indoor or outdoor work.
We’ll focus on designs, adhesives and options, processes that will enable you to work on a variety of projects in the future. Using your own resources and your secret stashes of cherished ceramics or glass, you will gather the materials to cover your table top, including treasures gleaned from thrift stores, garage sales, and tile store seconds and broken pieces.
We will provide tools, adhesives, gloves, grout, mixing containers, colorants and an unlimited supply of ideas! We’ll also have a box of “rescue glass” and “ceramic treasures” to spice up what you bring.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Your substrate OR a template of your table top
- Glass or ceramic pieces to cover your table top
- Mind that the “depth” of the pieces is fairly uniform and that you have enough for coverage of the entire piece.
- Bring an apron or wear old clothes. We’ll be using different kinds of adhesives this time.
- You may wish to have a piece of cardboard, tarp or old cloth to put under your table top for the ride home.
- You will need eye protection.....feel free to use ours or purchase your own more comfortable pair of goggles and LABEL it.
- Bring a sack lunch or snack for sustenance!
Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden
301 North Baldwin Ave.
Arcadia, CA 91007-2697