Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Favor Flav in LA May 31-June 7 to promote book

Using Ascot Media and Aston Publicity Groups’ innovative announcement tool ‘In My Own Words’ (IMOW) as the vehicle in which to speak out, Flavor Flav: The Icon speaks to his fans.

“To all of my fams (I’ve taken the ‘n’ out of fans and replaced it with an ‘m,’ because a fan doesn’t do anything for me but cool me off when I’m hot and a ‘fam’ is one that supports me), I thank you all for making me who I am today. Without y’all, I would just be an ordinary person in the street, no different and no better than anyone else - the only thing that makes me different is my job description. My life has taught me that nothing is really easy. Everything in life you want can come to you, but you really, really have to earn it and deserve it. You only get to live physically once in this lifetime, so while we are living this one time - we need to make the best of it. When we die, we become nothing but memories to other people and we want to leave them the best memories ever.

"If I could influence and mentor today’s youth, based on my past experience, I would tell them that I made some very serious mistakes in my life. I would like for everyone in the world to read my book about the mistakes I’ve made, so hopefully they won’t make the same ones.

"I have always been told I have a lot of interesting things to say and stories to tell. I've often thought about doing my own talk show. If I did, I would probably use the style of Arsenio Hall, but a Jerry Springer or Maury Povich style show should be a lot of fun. I have been asked if I would ever do Donald Trump’s Celebrity Apprentice Show and my reply to that is it would be a pleasure to once again see and talk to Donald Trump. If I do come out with my own show some time, all I can say is... 'Once again, Flavor Flav has reinvented himself.'

"Anyway, I decided to write a book. My new book is called Flavor Flav: The Icon The Memoir (Farrah Gray Publishing). My book is edgy, compassionate and often hilarious! My book is a thrill ride from the heights of my stardom to the depths of my despair and Yo! I'm still here to tell it. I've been down some pretty dark holes - but somehow I always found the strength to climb back out of them.

"I get asked about regrets but I have no regrets in my life and I would change nothing. The reason is because it took the past to bring the future, and if I was to change something in my past then today I might not be able to teach what I’ve learned.

"I want to add that I think Ascot/Aston’s In My Own Words (IMOW) is a great idea for celebrities to say in their own words how they feel about their life and what’s going on in it. That’s why we, Public Enemy, made a record called Don’t Believe The Hype, which means…don’t believe everything you read or hear. The best source for the true information is ‘from the horse’s mouth!’

"God bless you all with your life, your future, your goals, and your families. And once again, I thank you for making me who I am today - Flavor Flav: The Icon. God bless and peace to all. See y'all on my book tour!

Flavor Flav Sunday, May 22, 2011

New York Tour - May 23 – 30, 2011
Los Angeles Tour/The Grammy Museum - May 31 – June 7, 2011
Freaky Comedy/Book Tour – Summer

Flavor Flav: The Icon The Memoir (Farrah Gray Publishing) Available Everywhere Books Are Sold.

No comments: