Friday, July 29, 2011

Sting box set covering 25 years to be released

Cherrytree/A&M Records/Universal Music Group is pleased to announce Sting: 25 Years, the definitive box set collection slated for release on September 27, 2011. Featuring three CDs comprised of 45 remastered tracks personally curated by Sting, a previously unreleased live concert DVD and a comprehensive hardcover book, this retrospective captures for the first time both the highlights and rarities of Sting’s enduring solo career.



This consummate collection contains selections spanning his entire solo catalog, from his 1985 debut album, The Dream Of The Blue Turtles, to his latest release, Live in Berlin. Highlights include all of Sting’s top 40 hits as well as Grammy® winners “Brand New Day,” “The Soul Cages,” “If I Ever Lose My Faith In You,” and “Whenever I Say Your Name” featuring Mary J. Blige (full track listing included below).



Sting: 25 Years was produced by Rob Mathes and Executive Produced by Sting’s longtime manager, Kathryn Schenker. The box set also contains nine songs remixed by Robert Orton and Steve Fitzmaurice exclusively for this collection.



Rough, Raw & Unreleased: Live At Irving Plaza, the previously unreleased live concert DVD, features 10 tracks culled from newly unearthed raw performance footage filmed in New York City on the final night of Sting’s U.S. “Broken Music” tour in 2005.



The discs are housed in a beautiful, lavish hardcover book containing intimate and rare photos from world renowned photographers, complete lyrics, personal commentary and a newly written introduction by Sting.



Richly diverse in musical content and visually captivating, Sting: 25 Years is a compelling tribute to the restless spirit of an artist who continues to evolve and explore new musical territory.




STING: 25 YEARS



Disc One:

1. If You Love Somebody Set Them Free

2. Love Is The Seventh Wave

3. Consider Me Gone

4. Moon Over Bourbon Street

5. Fortress Around Your Heart

6. Bring On The Night (Live)

7. Driven To Tears (Live)

8. I Burn For You (Live)

9. Be Still My Beating Heart

10. They Dance Alone

11. Englishman In New York

12. Fragile

13. We’ll Be Together

14. Sister Moon

15. Secret Marriage



Disc Two:

1. All This Time

2. Mad About You

3. Why Should I Cry For You?

4. The Soul Cages

5. When The Angels Fall

6. If I Ever Lose My Faith In You

7. Fields Of Gold

8. Seven Days

9. It’s Probably Me

10. Shape Of My Heart

11. When We Dance

12. I Hung My Head

13. I Was Brought To My Senses

14. You Still Touch Me

15. I’m So Happy I Can’t Stop Crying




Disc Three:

1. A Thousand Years

2. Desert Rose

3. Ghost Story

4. Brand New Day

5. Send Your Love

6. Whenever I Say Your Name

7. Stolen Car (Take Me Dancing)

8. Soul Cake

9. The Hounds Of Winter

10. Next To You

11. We Work The Black Seam

12. The Pirate’s Bride

13. Never Coming Home

14. Russians (Live)

15. The End Of The Game (Live)



Disc Four: Rough, Raw & Unreleased: Live at Irving Plaza

1. Message In A Bottle

2. Demolition Man

3. Synchronicity II

4. Driven To Tears

5. Heavy Cloud, No Rain

6. A Day In The Life

7. Voices Inside My Head/When The World Is Running Down

8. Roxanne

9. Next To You

10. Lithium Sunset

No comments: