Monday, August 8, 2011

Luanne Hunt scores in Europe with Grammy-balloted song

Dear Friends,

Hello! It’s hard to believe we’re headed into Fall already and that the holidays will be here again before we know it! I don’t know if it’s because I’m getting older or what, but time seems to go faster and faster these days.

It’s been a great year so far all the way around. Along with having the opportunity to work on a few new music projects, I’ve also had some additional success with my 2007 Grammy-balloted song, “Solace In The Wind.”

Since it received such great response when I first released it, Steve and I decided to promote in Europe and it has done remarkably well. This month, it peaked at No. 12 on the Hotdisc Country Chart, which is one of Europe’s largest and prestigious charts. The song’s success led to a line dance being created for it and consequently, it has been getting played in a lot of the clubs over there. I had no idea line dancing was so popular in the UK!

Check out this video I made for “Solace” on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eSWcs7MDxU

For the past few weeks, I have been in the studio recording a new Christmas single called “One Star, A Million Lights.” My dear girlfriend Mickey shared a story with me last Thanksgiving that touched my heart so deeply. The new song centers around Mickey’s wonderful tale and it truly holds the magic and wonder of the holiday season.

“One Star, A Million Lights” is scheduled for release in early October and I will keep all of you posted when it’s up on my website and on iTunes. I also uploaded a picture montage on my website from the photo session for the CD artwork. www.luannehunt.com


This is the first session where I got to dress to the nines and it was great fun! Hubby Steve took the pics and as always, he did a marvelous job.


Along with recording and producing my own music, I recently had the awesome pleasure of producing a song for the group I promote, The Royal Guardsmen. The patriotic tune is titled “Alive and Well” and was written by myself and Dana C. Lamb. You can listen and watch a video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPizTI3Q7Mk


We also just finished filming a documentary about the band, which we are planning to premier in Ocala, Florida in October. And we’ll also be shopping the film to TV networks here in the U.S. and overseas. It’s all very exciting stuff, indeed!

Looking into 2012, I’ll be working on a new CD that is a retrospective on my childhood growing up in small town outside of Philadelphia. This is something I’ve wanted to do for years, so I’m sure that working on it is going to be extremely fulfilling.


That’s about it for now, but I will write again when the holiday song is released. Know that I appreciate all of you so much and am grateful beyond words for your support and encouragement.


Enjoy the rest of the summer and may you continue to prosper in every area of your life.


Wishing you the best!

Luanne
www.luannehunt.com



No comments: