Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Hairs release new 7-inch

Brooklyn's The Hairs are pleased to release their I've Been Working Out 7", available today on WeePOP! Records with a limited run of 300 bright red vinyl copies. The A-side holds the title track "I've Been Working Out" and on the flip side you'll find "Satan Says" and "If I Get Back On My Horse Again." To celebrate the release, The Hairs are streaming the 7" over at Prefix.


Kevin Alvir, the front man of the impossible to get out of your head indiepop band THE HAIRS has a lot to say. Alvir's sprightly tenor skips and trips around classic pop riffs with an off the cuff confidence and a disarming sweetness that's too uncommon these days. With the quirky, earnest, and slightly squirmy quality of a Daniel Johnston ditty; the fey whipsmart sensibility of the Television Personalities, the "who gives a fuck" lo-fi production of Guided By Voices, and the wide-eyed nuanced outlook of Jonathan Richman, The Hairs make good hearted music, but with an edge - reminding the listener that life isn't all "holding hands and eating ice cream," but instead "dropping your ice cream cone and still eating it."



Tracklisting:

A1 "I've Been Working Out"

B1 "Satan Says"

B2 "If I Get Back On My Horse Again"

No comments: