Friday, June 8, 2012

Dave Morrison in Burbank June 12

Hey Everybody,


Long time no see. I am still living in my RV out in Thousand Oaks. I have a garden growing and many projects awaiting my attention, and am generally well and happy. Soon I'll be leaving to fight traffic all the way to Glendale to work on a house I'm painting. Friday at last!! And I have a busy summer of music scheduled, and I hope some of you (all of you) will come see me play sometime. I have new songs and a lot of stories to tell.


Next Tuesday, June 12, I'll be doing the third installment of a monthly 2nd Tuesday gig at Viva Cantina in Burbank. I've dug in there with my good friend, Annie Boxell. She's a great-singer-songwriter, and one of the funniest, wittiest people I know. I just love her, and I'm happy to have this time with her each month. We both play some songs, and we also bring out guests that each of us discover in our travels.


This time, we're presenting Mike Apple. He's a friend of Annie's who I had a chance to catch recently. Really good player and singer. We also welcome the wonderful Ramakega. This is a tight little pop-rock band, all beautiful young women - sisters - who write, sing, and play their own infectious and lovely songs. And they are just the nicest, kindest people. You'll love 'em. Rounding out the evening is James Russell. He is a fantastic talent. I took Annie to see him, and a few songs in she turned to me and said, "Every songs is just impeccable!" And that describes him. Great musician and writer, and the kind of singer who can cover a Marvin Gaye song and do it proud.


But that's not all. Annie will be joined by Steve Reid, the amazing percussionist who tours internationally with top acts and is SO MUCH FUN to watch. He plays a huge array of noise-makers from around the world. You'll catch yourself giggling at some of the things he does.

I'll be joined by the lovely Scott King on bass, and my fine side-man Greg Krueger. Here's the hook ... Greg will be playing electric guitar in our set. It will be the first time we've done that. Greg is a terrific mandolin and Dobro player as you know, but his true axe is the guitar ... and I'm looking forward to hearing my songs re-interpreted with one of his classic guitars played through one of his vintage tube amps.


So, break a pattern, and have a joyful Tuesday night musical break on hump-day eve next week. Viva Cantina is a great little Mexican restaurant (reasonably priced), with a full bar. We're in the spacious back room. Come hungry. The show is free. Tips are gratefully accepted.

The joint is right at the entrance to The Los Angeles Equestrian Center. There is abundant FREE parking right across the street in the Pickwick recreation center lot.


Tuesday, June 12 Viva Cantina
900 E. Riverside Dr. Burbank, Ca
7:30 till 10:30 (come for part or all)


I look forward to seeing you.
Love,
Dave

www.davemorrisonmusic.com

No comments: