Friday, May 17, 2013

End o' week musings

Last weekend for the Renaissance Faire ~ yay!  sigh! yay!  Yes, I have mixed emotions to the end of a fun season. My body is exhausted from dancing every weekend, but I will miss my friends. Better to leave it wishing for more than to be extra happy it's over....


Last Saturday I went to Bark in the Park with Carin and her pup Ivan the Terrier. Ivan was a little nervous when he saw all the dogs at Dodger Stadium. I was a little overwhelmed too. I think just about every breed, shape and size was represented and that's just the humans... just kidding, although there was a lot of diversity all the way around there!


We said hello to Tillman, the skateboarding bulldog, and talked to other visitors as we waited and waited and... well, at least we found some shade. Finally we were in and on to our seats. I played waitress and picked up a couple of hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, peanuts and other things throughout the game. The concessions were included in the tickets.


Ivan received a goody bag when we checked in, but he quickly decided Dodgers Dogs were the best thing in the park. On one of my waitress runs, I came back with a plain hot dog for him. I put the box of food on the bench and pointed to the open hot dog, "Ivan, that one is for you." I fiddled with my soda cup's straw and Ivan couldn't wait-- he grabbed the dog right out of the bun.


Now imagine Ivan, he's a terrier/Chihuahua mix, tiny, smart and silly looking with a long Dodger dog sticking out of his little mouth! I grabbed the other end of the dog and tugged it so he had only a bite - a big bite - in his mouth, then I fed him the rest in little pieces.


Ivan, surprisingly, is super gentle when he takes food from you. He did that soft bite thing dogs do and made sure to avoid my fingers. What a super little guy!

During the 7th inning stretch, I held Ivan as the three of us stood up to sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" (Carin has a wonderful voice btw!) and we ended up on the Jumbotron. All in all it was a good game filled with lots of action on the field and lots to look at in the stands, plus one happy, tired pup.

The rest of my week was per usual, except that I got to interview Bjork and Alice Cooper, both of whom are nice, funny and very intelligent. I am very impressed with Bjork's Biophilia project that helps teach kids science and music-- you should check it out and learn more because it's amazing. As for Alice, he was like an old friend, mostly because I grew up listening to his music and partly because he exudes warmth and kindness as he speaks.


In rotation this week: Bjork, Alice Cooper, Susie Glaze & the Hilonesome Band and Dio.


Photos we got 'em: A little peek at my desk at work and another of my Teabird series, then a  cute animal pic from the web.




Thought o' the week:  Be awed. It's been a rough and crazy week for me and the "Space Oddity" video by Space Station astronaut Chris Hadfield gave me some peace. So instead of ranting and morals this week, I'm going to give you a big slice of peace and awe...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo

Keep on rockin'
Mickie




No comments: