Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Free Ozzfest tickets- a scam or what??

I'm disenchanted... I'm sure other Ozzfest fans are too, plus upset, angry and a range of explectives. This year Ozzfest has been pushing that the concerts are all free, but that's not 100 percent true, as you can't walk up to the door of the venue and waltz in, rather you have to jump through several hoops for this prize.
First you had to know to go to Ozzfest.com to obtain a code about a month in advance of the ticket release date. This code would entitle you to two tickets and there was supposed to be a limited amount of codes given out. I followed the instructions, got my code and the wait began.
On the proper day (yesterday for my venue of choice) and after a set time, you were go to the indicated Web site, such as Live Nation, select your venue and supposedly plunk in your code and get tickets. Sounds easy? Of course! But it was more complicated and nearly impossible.
First you have to enter some basic info and then yet another code that appears on the screen and then you are put in a queue. At this step you are instructed not to go back or log out, as you will lose your place in line and you are reassured that each person is served in order. But if you carefully read the instructions on the prior page, you would have noticed that this new code only saves your spot for two minutes. This seems like a paradox and leads to the dilemma- should I wait or keep going back?
I tried both ways to no avail. Out of curiousity I kept waiting indefinitely, which became 20 minutes or so, and then was kicked out of the screen. I tried waiting two minutes and going through all the steps and waiting again- if I could get to the waiting part nothing happened, but many times I couldn't even get that far before getting kicked out.
I tried many times throughout the day and last night and never got through. This morning, when I got to the page where you prepare to go into the queue, it comes up incomplete, not offering the opportunity, yet the site indicates tickets are still available.
I can understand the amount of people attempting to get tickets could affect the flow of the site, but I feel that if you managed to get the first code, then you should be guaranteed a ticket... Oh, did I fail to mention that even if you have the first code, you might not get a ticket...
C'mon, that's just not right. I did my part- I should be able to get a ticket, not just keep getting more rules and obstacles thrown at me.
So my big questions today are:
Is everyone having the same problem that I am?
Is there anyone out there who succesfully got a ticket through this system?
Is there a trick or tip or advice you can give me?
Or is this just a scam?
I've been to every Ozzfest in the past and have long been a supportive fan, but this year I think I'm just gonna find something better to do....

2 comments:

Rey Flores said...

I am sorry you had this problem. For what city were you trying to get tix for?

I have two for Chicago on Aug. 10. If you want them, they are yours.

Rey

Mickie said...

Hello Rey,
What a gentleman you are! Unfortunately I am in the L.A area and don't even have vacation time from work I could take to go in Chicago. But if I could, you would be the one going with me~ I'd even treat you to dinner. Thank you, Mickie