Friday, June 22, 2007

End o' week musings

Happy summer! I hope the season makes for some wonderful memories.
See the chick on the pig? That's me at Legoland last year when my family went to check out the new pirate cove area. My brother and I are huge Lego fans and are already talking about going there again soon! LOL! I also thought of summer when I saw this respledent fruit and cat bowl and the saddest littlest mermaid... or would that be merdog??

As I write this, my co-workers are drifting in and out preparing for our Hawaiian-themed pot luck. I spent part of my early morning cutting up melons, kiwis, bananas and pineapple for a big fruit salad (darn, I forgot the kitties!). You did catch the early part, right? Yes, I sacrificed for my co-workers, but they're worth it.

This past week I warbled and shimmied and practiced everything I needed to prepare for upcoming shows. I also worked on my costume and made a television (with the help of my friend Manny) out of a cardboard box for a prop for my next dance show.

My other big excitement this week was attending Claremont Manor's invitiation-only Canine Couture Extravaganza. There's nothing more fun than pups in costumes! The dogs seemed to really enjoy their time strutting up and down the runway and especially liked the treats - and hotdogs - they received for their time in the spotlight.

Be sure to check out http://www.sgvn.com/ and read my story on Gallows, a British punk band who will be in SoCal next week for two shows.

In rotation this week: Megadeth, Tribe of Gypsies, Cheb Sabbah, Rob Zombie, Best of Britney Spears, Oojami, Queen (3 CDs worth!) and Gwar.

Spread some sunshine and warmth of your own this week
and
Keep on rockin'
Mickie



No comments: