Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Ann and Jim Curry at sea and in Aspen

I received this happy e-mail from my friends Ann and Jim Curry, who are known around the world for their wonderful rendition of John Denver music. I just had to share this with you, hoping that you will check them out and enjoy their talent as much as I do. ~M

Dear Musical Friends:

Greetings from Alaska! We are writing from the Holland America Ship Volendam, currently docked in Skagway, Alaska.

You are receiving this mail because we have met you somewhere in the world! Many have given us their calling cards, or signed up on an e-mail list at one of our concerts. Please forgive the group e-mail, I have been typing my fingers to the bone, organizing the many e-mail addresses we've collected over the past few years and I hope that most of you will enjoy a periodic update of the Curry's travels and escapades!

Jim and I have been having a lot of adventures so far this year, and we've met so many wonderful people. One of the highlights was joining the Grand Circle Tour on the Prinsendam in Santiago, Chile. We traveled south until we got to Ushuaia, the very tip of South America, then it was time to say goodbye. The Prinsendam was going further south to the Antarctic, and Jim and I were kind of wishing we could go to south with them.....but I had heard that the waters can be rough, and I joked with the passengers that there wasn't enough Dramamine in the world to get me through those waters (it had already been pretty rough the night before). We heard later that the ship was hit by very rough weather, and not one, but TWO rogue waves! Whew! That was more excitement than anyone expected, but the brave passengers and crew continued their cruise and survived with great stories to tell! Jim and I have gone on to other cruises and other ships, and we are fortunate to have played with some very talented musicians. We continue to meet people from all walks of life and all over the world who appreciate John Denver music.

We have a very special event to tell you about! We have just finalized our plans for a concert in Aspen, Saturday October 13.
This year is the 10th annual gathering for the World Family of John Denver (also known as Aspen in October) in Aspen, Colorado. We have an exciting concert planned in the beautiful Harris Hall in Aspen. Jim will be performing with many celebrated and talented artists, including James Burton, John Stewart, Jim Connor, and Dick Kniss, just to highlight a few. Ticket information and complete biographies of the stars and their "John Denver connection" can be found on our website: www.jimcurrymusic.com

Some of you are already planning your trip to Aspen in October, so we hope you will include our concert in the many activities offered throughout the weekend.
Some of you might be thinking about going....so if you have any questions about the event, feel free to write me an e-mail and I will do my best to answer your questions.
Some of you might be very far away, and the thought of going to Aspen is not in the cards for you....but you may have friends in Colorado that you could recommend our concert to; and we would appreciate your help in that area so very much.


Thank you everyone for your encouragement and support! Also, I thank you for your patience as I learn how to navigate in "cyberspace." Please let us know if you know someone that would also like to get e-mail reports from us.

Your friends,

Anne and Jim Curry
As always, check our website www.jimcurrymusic.com to keep up with the Currys!

No comments: