Thursday, June 28, 2007

End o' week musings


"Wait a minute!" you say. "It's not Friday! Mickie's ripping us off!"

Well, yes and no. I will be attending the Vans Warped Tour tomorrow, so there won't be any exciting blogging from me. So feeling a tad guilty, I thought I'd give you my ramblings today.
Starting with last Saturday, I went to the International Make-Up Artist Trade Show at the Pasadena Convention Center. There were lots of monsters, accident victims and fantasy creatures walking the floor, as well as a few really cool beauty items for us regular gals.
Sunday I spent some time at the beach, paddling in the waves and soaking up a little sun. My friend, Carlos, joined me and we went to Leo Carrillo, where you can bring your dog (on leash) and even camp. It was so much fun watching the pups play in the surf and laze in the sand. I'll have to reserve an overnight so my pup, Atticus, and I can get in our fill of boogie boarding and barbecuing.

Monday was mom day for me. My mother arrived on the early train and we headed out to Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Gardens in Claremont. We wandered through the grounds for a few hours and then drove into Claremont Village, where we ate at Walter's and then strolled the main drag. My mom loves the train, but she let me drive her home where we hung out and chatted the remainder of the afternoon away.

I was worn out when I got back home so I took a nap and then found myself getting in the car and heading out to Mr. T's Bowl in Highland Park. My friend's band, the Abe Lincoln Story, was playing and I also caught The Digs, who were quite good. I stayed a little late to see the first few songs of the last group- they were terrific, but I knew I needed to get some sleep, as the rest of my week was promising to be extra busy.

In my free time (ha ha ha!) this week I practiced my dancing and singing and wrote lots of stories. At work I'm also learning how to edit the videos that we put on the Web. Tonight it's off to the Warped Tour Pre-Party with Gallows, Friday you know and Saturday it's all-dance with the a performance at the Baldwin Park's 24-Hour Relay for Life to benefit the American Cancer Society and a trip out to San Bernardino for Mecda IE's Punk Raqs show.... perhaps I'll get to sleep in Sunday... yeah, right!

This just in- congrats to my friend, Joe Walla, on the happy arrival of his two newest babies (read guitars), check out the cute photo!

In rotation this week: Oojami, Tribe of Gypsies, Janis Joplin, Joe Walla Band, Gwar and Chico's Bail Bonds.

Keep your cool despite the heat and tell someone something nice (be honest) this week
and, as always,
keep on rockin'
Mickie



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi guys so happy to be between you yayaay love the blog soo much ^^