Friday, June 1, 2007

End o' week musings




They say you play, you pay and perhaps that's right, but in my case, you play, you get paid, might better apply. I scored some vacation days in addition to my Memorial Day weekend and parlayed them into a mini-vacation- woo hoo! multi-tasking rocks!
I offer you two fun photos today. One is of my editor, Catherine Gaugh, and her corgi Molly. Molly really isn't that big, Catherine's hubby was having fun adding the perky pup to some of their vacation photos. I like this because it reminds me of those jackalope postcards you find in Texas. The other photo is of me and my dance partner, Zaynah, resting outside after we performed at a Halloween show. We're fallen angels, just in case you couldn't figure it out... and we burned up the stage with our dancing and swordwork!

If this wasn't enough excitement, in the past three weeks I have interviewed Bret Michaels of Poison, Vincent Bitetti and Brian Barum of Bluebeard, Isaac Lekach of The Acute, Jesse Wagner of the Aggrolites, Dusty Redmon of The Almost and Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys. I also met with some wonderful quilters to speak about the African American quilt exhibit at the Pasadena Museum of History www.pasadenahistory.org , heard my friend Bred in Captivity's live Webcast on www.kxlu.com (88.9-FM) and practiced both my dancing and singing. Are you tired yet??? I think I am....
A few final thoughts~
*Zaynah and I will be dancing at Cairo Carnavale on the Gypsy Stage 10:49 a.m. Sunday, June 10 at Santa Anita Park. It's two days of continuous dance performances on two stages, tons of vendors, children's activities, food and lots of fun. Visit www.almasearabesque.com and www.mecda.org to learn more.
*Be sure to visit www.sgvn.com and read my music stories on Chico's Bail Bonds, which is posted today, and the Aggrolites, which should be up Saturday.
*You can also help me support local music Saturday by going to see:
Chico's Bail Bonds in Pasadena www.chicosbailbondsblues.com
The Disrepair in Fullerton www.myspace.com/thedisrepair
In rotation this week: Tom Petty, Joe Walla, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Morpheus (my old band), Orange Sky, the Randies, Megadeth, Ayreon and Dio.

Eat a healthy meal, go for a walk, soak in a hot bath and take a nap and, of course,
keep on rockin'
Mickie


No comments: