Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bernie Pearl news

From Bernie Pearl:

First of all, I'm really having a blast with my new radio show, "My Kind of Blues". I did the first show last Saturday and really loved airing the blues I love. I pre-recorded next Saturday's show and dedicated it to the "Memphis Blues", because I leave for Memphis and the International Blues Challenge on Thursday. I will be judging, not competing. If you'll be in Memphis, be sure and say hello. Tune in Saturdays at 3:00 on www.wpmd.org.

I will be interviewed on Monday, February 8, on Blend Radio 5:00-7:00.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Rants-Raves-N-Rock /2009/02/10/Keepin-the-Blues-Alive

The following weekend I will be a musical presenter at the LimmudLA conference in Costa Mesa. I'll do a concert/workshop and will participate in a musical potpourri with jazz, bluegrass, klezmer, and whatever other genre,to close the conference. The jam will be headed by famed saxophonist Dave Koz. Attendance is limited to conference participants. My (pre-recorded) radio show will feature blues about "Love, etc." to honor Valentine's Day.

Bassist Mike Barry and I will be in concert at Boulevard Music in Culver City on Saturday, February 28. Tickets go on sale 2/14, $15. (310) 398-2583.

On Saturday, March 7, Mike and I will once again be doing a Poetry and Blues session, this time at Beyond Baroque in Venice. We'll do our own set, and will back up readings by award-winning poets Sherman Pearl (my brother), and Imani Tolliver. Tickets are $7, $5 for Seniors and Juniors. 681 Venice Bl. (310) 822-3006.

It is probable that I'll be performing in San Diego in April - date pending.

I'm pleased to announce that I will be traveling with Mike Barry to Linden, Texas in June to perform at the T-Bone Walker Blues Festival. We'll do two sets and I'll conduct a workshop on Texas blues guitar. Jimmy Vaughan and Honeyboy Edwards headline. What an honor! (903) 756-7774

I've been booked to play the Deep Blues Innovators Blues Festival in Monmouth, Illinois in October. I'll also be conducting a blues guitar workshop. Otis Taylor headlines. http://www.2009monmouthblues.com

Best wishes for a good year,
Bernie Pearl

No comments: