Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Evie Sands, Harry Potter and more!

I just LOVE getting mail from my readers, especially when it includes a music story and/or photo. Enjoy! ~ M



Hi Mickie,

My eye caught your mention of the Harry Potter series. I see I'm not the only muggle who is quite a ways outside the demographic that is most often associated with the series, but has followed the adventures of the Wizard in Training to the final showdown with Voldemort (now that he CAN be named!). Back in July 2007, I put in an advance order at Vroman's for a first day copy of Deathly Hallows. But there were other things to do!

First, I went to South Pasadena for the monthly meeting of the Electric Railway Historical Association. I left the meeting early and followed Historic Route 66 to Echo Park, where the Chaos Band was appearing at Les Freres Taix.

The Inimitable Empress of Soul/Pop with her new Carvin guitar, singing one of my favorite Sandsongs.

After Evie sang Don't Look Back (Don't Look Down), I headed over to Vroman's, arriving around 12:30 am and collecting my long-awaited book. Not sure if it was a hat trick, a trifecta or a triple play, but it sure was a memorable evening.

Stay stoked!

Bobby Boy

1 comment:

B_4 said...

Evie is the best and doesn't she rock out on that song!