Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tim Fite to offer album free on Oct. 31

Brooklyn-based multi-genrist Tim Fite will release a free, Halloween-centric six-track recording via his website (www.timfite.com) on October 31st, 2007. Available for one day only, the innovative song cycle comes in advance of Fite’s November tour dates with My Brightest Diamond.

Fite says “Last year when I was trick or treating, I decided go to the house that nobody ever goes to. There was no light on the porch, no jack-o-lantern on the stair, no bowl of candy with a note warning to "only take one." There was only a faint pulsing glow under the door, and a large wrought iron knocker. I knocked, and a very old man answered the door. He said he didn't have any candy (because it was bad for his diabetes), but that he'd be happy to give me a recording of his six favorite songs. I held out my sack, and with a shaking veiny hand, he dropped in a worn looking cassette tape. I said thank you, and walked quickly back to the road.”

“As soon as I got home, I popped the tape into my boom-box. The music that came out was like none I'd ever heard before – sort of a cross between a horror movie soundtrack and an instrumental funk/disco record played on vintage synthesizers. There were no vocals and no indication on the tape as to where the music came from, only six of the scariest songs I had ever listened to. I wanted to know more about them, but that was going to have to wait until morning.”

“The next day I went back to the house to ask the strange old man about his favorite songs. When I arrived there was a realtor tapping a for sale sign into the grass with a yellow mallet. I asked her if the old man was home; her face dropped and she replied, "Goodness no! He passed on about six months ago. I think it was the diabetes."

“For the year since that fateful Halloween, I have been haunted by the old man's favorite songs. I couldn't help but wonder if there was some kind of supernatural force at work that wanted me to add lyrics to them.”

Stay tuned for more information on Fite’s proper follow-up to Gone Ain’t Gone for ANTI-, due in 2008, and catch him on tour with My Brightest Diamond.

TRICK OR TREAT!!!

November 8, La Sala Rossa, Montreal
November 9, The Drake, Toronto
November 10, Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI
November 11, Lakeshore Theater, Chicago, IL
November 12, 930 Listening Room, Louisville, KY
November 13, Wexner Center, Columbus, OH
November 14, Andy Warhol Museum, Pittsburgh, PA
November 15, North Star Bar, Philadelphia, PA
November 16, Iota, Arlington, VA
November 17, Blender Theatre at Gramercy, New York, NY
November 18, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA

No comments: