Friday, February 1, 2008

End o' week musings

Gosh! It's already Friday! Where did my week go? OK I'll tell you...

Last Friday I attended the Pasadena Showcase House's Empty House Party. Designers were showing off their plans - some wonderful fabrics and colors! And there was food in almost every room- risoto with seafood and veggies, canapes and all sorts of treats. Plus the place had what every other Showcase House has been missing- a taxidermied peacock in the bathroom. His name is Lorenzo and he's huge. Kinda weird and I don't particularly care for taxidermied things, but this ya gotta see!

Saturday I went to exercise classes and then tried to rest. Sunday I posed for photos for the upcoming slide show at the Pasadena Museum of History and then went to Beckham Place for the Robert Burns' celebration. There were bagpipers, drummers and dancers. I enjoyed a great meal and also sampled some haggis. I might not order it as an entree, but I would eat it again.

Last night I found myself at Hyperion Tavern in Silverlake. My friend, Tequila Mockingbird, asked if I would be willing to stop in a dance with my swords for a bit. I did and it was fun. It was a small crowd, but they were really into the acts and loved it when I stepped down from the stage to get up close with them.
Otherwise I've been busy interviewing Patricia Day of the HorrorPops and Gilli Moon. Watch for their stories. Today, if you pick up one of my papers, you can read about Eric Davenport. And tomorrow the Fret House will be featured. To find an issue, visit http://www.sgvn.com/

Next week I have a fairly empty slate for now, but that will probably change. My biggest excitement will be celebrating my brother Jason's birthday at the kitchen table at Buca di Beppo in Claremont. Slice of meatball anyone??

Photos we got 'em: Enjoy a couple of cute pet pix and photos of me in my Doo Dah Queen glory (one of them with Prince Sndrew, Duke of Doo Dah) posing at the Pasadena History Museum for Terry Miller - a terrific Pasadena area photographer.

In rotation this week: Embarrassingly I kept the same CDs in my player as last week. At home, though, I did listen to Orange Sky, Shakira, Tarkan and Oojami.








This week's thought: Keep humming a happy tune. You don't have to take this literally, you can apply the idea to most anything. If building something passes time and makes you feel good, then do it. If an hour of yoga every morning gets you revved for the day, then do it. You get the idea. Personally, I like to sing, dance, strum my guitar, sew, work out, cuddle my dog ... and write to you!

Keep on rockin'
Mickie

No comments: