Thursday, February 14, 2008

Jim White on tour

Jim White will play a collection of personal shows at the end of February starting off at Joes Pub in NYC and ending with a spoken word performance of his autobiographical tales. At the end of March, Jim will head West for a string of shows up the coast starting in LA at the Silent Movie Theater on March 25th and ending in Seattle at the Tractor Tavern.
‘Transnormal Skiperoo is a name I invented to describe a strange new feeling I've been experiencing after years of feeling lost and alone and cursed. Now, when everything around me begins to shine, when I find myself dancing around in my back yard for no particular reason other than it feels good to be alive, when I get this deep sense of gratitude that I don't need drugs or God or doomed romance to fuel myself through the gauntlet of a normal day, I call that feeling 'Transnormal Skiperoo.’- Jim White

Tour Dates:
EAST
February 26th- Joes Pub- NYC
February 28th- Union Hall- seated- NYC
February 29th- Housing Works- spoken word- NYC
WEST:
March 25th- Silent Movie Theater- Los Angeles
March 27th- Great American Music Hall- San Francisco
March 28th- Lola’s Room- Portland
March 30th- Tractor Tavern- Seattle
**more dates to come**

No comments: