Every year, Neil and Pegi Young host the non-profit Bridge School Concert, benefiting the unique learning complex which assists children with severe physical impairments and challenging communication needs. The first was held in 1986, and the event is known as a totally unique musical event. Over the years the line-up of participants reads like a history of rock & roll.
Three years ago, Apple iTunes began offering live recordings from these legendary shows, and the first three volumes feature some of the most popular musical artists in the world. Since the concerts are basically acoustic presentations, the performers perform versions of some of their biggest songs like they never have before. It has turned the Bridge School Concerts into a yearly highlight, and offers a chance to hear truly original performances.
Volume IV, 22-track collection of live performances will be available digitally at iTunes on Tuesday November 24, 2009 and features a wide range of artists including John Mellencamp, Josh Groban, Trent Reznor, John Mayer, Tom Waits & Kronos Quartet, Jerry Lee Lewis, Ministry, My Morning Jacket, Norah Jones, Tegan & Sara, Death Cab for Cutie and Band of Horses.
As always, the proceeds from the iTunes digital downloads will be donated to the Bridge School, where one of the thrusts of their learning program is the use of advanced augmentative and alternative communication systems and assistive technology. Over the history of the concerts since 1986, some of the most exciting and surprising performances of live music have become a hallmark of the shows, and most of them are now available for the world to hear and purchase.
The Bridge School Collection, Vol. 4
1) Ministry – Here They Come – 11/2/94
2) Ministry – Paisley – 11/2/94
3) John Mellencamp – Jackie Brown – 10/29/05
4) Jerry Lee Lewis – Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On -10/30/05
5) Trent Reznor – Fragile – 10/22/06
6) Trent Reznor – Hurt – 10/22/06
7) John Mayer – Heart Of Life – 10/27/07
8) John Mayer - Waiting On The World – 10/27/07
9) Regina Spektor – Ain’t No Cover – 10/27/07
10) My Morning Jacket – Gideon – 10/28/07
11) My Morning Jacket – Just One Thing – 10/28/07
12) Tegan & Sara – Dark Come Soon – 10/28/07
13) Tegan & Sara – Like Oh, Like H – 10/28/07
14) Tom Waits & Kronos Quartet – What Keeps Mankind Alive – 10/28/07
15) Tom Waits & Kronos Quartet – The Part You Throw Away – 10/28/07
16) Band of Horses – Marry Song - 10/25/08
17) Band of Horses – The General Specific – 10/25/08
18) Norah Jones – Jesus Don’t Cry – 10/25/08
19) Death Cab For Cutie – Cath – 10/26/08
20) Death Cab For Cutie – I Will Possess Your Heart – 10/26/08
21) Josh Groban – Changing Colors – 10/26/08
22) Josh Groban With Neil Young – Harvest Moon – 10/26/08
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-bridge-school-collection-vol/id205102402 (Vol. 1)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-bridge-school-collection-vol/id208494388 (Vol. 2)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-bridge-school-collection-vol/id268022858 (Vol. 3)
About The Bridge School
The Bridge School is a non-profit organization whose mission is to ensure that individuals with severe speech and physical impairments achieve full participation in their communities through the use of augmentative & alternative means of communication (AAC) and assistive technology (AT) applications and through the development, implementation and dissemination of innovative life-long educational strategies. The Bridge School is an internationally recognized leader in the education of children who use augmentative and alternative communication and has developed unique programs and trained highly skilled professionals in the use of state of the art assistive technology.