Thursday, December 24, 2009

End o' week musings





Wow! The holidays are here! It smells like a cookie and candy shop in my office, but I'm being good an nibbling on an apple.







Last Friday I went to the doctor for my usual check up, plus to see what I could do about my asthma problems. He said he could not yell at me because my lab work was great and I even lost some weight! The doctor also gave me some meds to help my asthma, they're working, but it's still not great. It's hard for me when the air is so cold...


Saturday was a crazy day- I had way too much to do and most of it was fun. I went to the House of Rock concert at the Covina Center of Performing Arts and those kids were amazing. The musicians were 10-18 years old and took on tunes by the Who, Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones and even Motown and holiday music. I've seen the future and it rocks!


Later I went with my friend Byron to his sisters' house for their holiday gathering. It included a pot luck, which made me laugh. There was so much meat- chicken, ribs, pork, sausages and more, but only one bowl of green beans and one bowl with green peppers. I'm more of a veggie person... We played some games and I won one of them. The prize was a gift card for Target, so that was very cool.






I spent Sunday with my mom. We made fudge, molded chocolates and dipped pretzels in chocolate. We went through about 10 pounds of the sweet stuff and had a great time. We've been giving it away all week too lol!




Work has been fairly quiet this week. I guess most of the rock stars and other people I interview are on vacation. I have a nice weekend planned, though, with various friends, including Cindy, who is in town visiting. Next week promises to be much the same, which is fine with me- a little quiet is a good thing.



In rotation this week: "We Wish You a Metal Christmas," "Northern Christmas" a music and nature sounds CD, Frank Sinatra, Ren and Stimpy, Straight No Chaser, 38 Special, Joe Walla and more.




Photos we got 'em: Just some cool animal pics I found on the Web to make you smile.










Thought o' the week: Share your heart. Although any time is good, this season is especially important for letting people know what they mean to you. Take a minute to thank your landlord for all he does or tell your co-worker how much you like working with her or.... the list goes on.

Why I say it's especially important to speak out now is that the holidays can be a very depressing and stressful time for many of us. Your kind words can brighten someone's day and make them find a little joy in their life. I know as I have been there and hearing that someone cared about me made all the difference.

Keep on rockn'
Mickie

No comments: