Thursday, April 25, 2013

Vinne Caruana to tour with Geoff Rickly

Vinnie Caruana, front man of punk icons I Am The Avalanche and seminal post-hardcore band The Movielife, has announced a string of co-headline dates with former Thursday front man Geoff Rickly. The trek kicks off June 22 in Portland, OR and runs through June 29. Tickets for all shows will go on sale tomorrow, Friday, April 26. For more information visit: www.facebook.com/vinniecaruanamusic.

Vinnie will also be playing the Vans Warped Tour Acoustic Basement Stage from July 7-August 4.

Caruana’s acclaimed debut solo release, "City By The Sea," was released inFebruary 5th via I Surrender / Run For Cover Records. 

Speaking from the boardwalk in Long Beach, NY, Caruana shared the inspiration for his solo debut: "The city was hit hard by (Hurricane)Sandy and is doing its best to bounce back. It's an incredible place to live and the people are proud to call it home. I moved here 3 years ago and intend to remain here as long as I can. I live very close to the ocean and it continues to be a huge inspiration to me and my music. I was very lucky compared to the thousands whose homes and lives were drastically affected by the storm and I won't ever take that for granted. The boardwalk will be torn down and rebuilt very soon. It's all part of the healing process."

Speaking of "City By The Sea," Caruana says "I really felt like I owed this to myself and to all the people who have supported my music for so long. I won't let either of us down."

* "City By The Sea" is available in the following formats: CD, CD + T-ShirtVinyland UK.




Tour Dates (w/ Geoff Rickly):

6/22 – Portland, OR @ Backspace Café

6/23 – Seattle, WA @ The Vera Project

6/25 – San Francisco, CA @ Thee Parkside

6/27 – Canoga Park, CA @ Cobalt Café

6/28 – Upland, CA @ The Wire

6/29 – Las Vegas, CA @ Backstage Bar

Vans Warped Tour July 7- August 4

No comments: