Thursday, December 13, 2007

End o' week musings




























You're get my end o' the week installment early, as tomorrow morning I'm hitting the road with my friend Valerie for a little trip. We were supposed to dance in San Luis Obispo at this huge event, but it was disorganized and the schedule wasn't even completed by last night. Instead of sitting home disappointed we declared "Road Trip"! This means no rules, no maps, no reservations- just stopping wherever and whenever we like. We haven't even decided on when we'll be back-- same day, Monday, who knows??

One of the highlights of my week was dancing at McGinty's Gallery at the End of the World in Altadena last Friday. It is truly one of the coolest places around and a huge supporter of independent artists. Many of the artists were there and happy to discuss their work, plus dinner and snacks were served and there were some live bands. We danced out on the courtyard and did a full set. The crowd was very receptive and seemed to enjoy us, especially went we went out of the stage area and got one-and-one with them. Ben McGinty has also invited us back for his spring show and we can't wait!

Saturday I went to my friends' double birthday party. They served a nice Mexican dinner and had a raffle. I won a $20 gift certificate to Trader Joe's. Sarah, 10, climbed into my lap and told me all about her hamster, Hammy (he really has a much longer name, but I can't remember it). She has been studying about hamsters on the Internet and is a wealth of information. She gave me some avocados in a basket and they're yummy!

On Sunday, I visited my mom and brother. They have a new spa and, of course, I had to try it out. It has three seats with jets- two for your back and one for your back and legs. Most wonderous!!

Monday I attended the Pasadena Playhouse soiree for Director Sheldon Epps. There was nice food, a good band and lots of interesting people. I joined Anne for a tour of the building and learned that it had been a college and other intriguing facts.

Tonight will be the best! I am having my friends over for the Queen's Official Entourage Party. We're going to eat, drink and plot our day in the sun of the Pasadena Doo Dah Parade.
Next it's off to my Road Trip. I had better be back by the 21st lol! as my friend, Andrew, has finally reformed his band, Andrew's Bad Stuff, and they will be performing at Mr. T's Bowl in Highland Park.

Photos, we got 'em! Check out this cool photo of Joe Walla by Mike Cavanaugh and some pics of me and my Entourage at last year's Doo Dah Parade.
In rotation this week: Killola, Orange Sky, Tha Riks, Offspring, 69 Eyes, Ross Anthony and Come on Feel the Metal.

This week I'm looking forward to a few days of no plans, no stress. If there is any way you can do something like this, you should. It's good for ya! Maybe you can't take a road trip, but you can spend a day watching those guilty pleasure TV shows (like "People's Court," "Cops," "Jerry Springer," etc.) or some time soaking in the tub. Whatever you choose, just make sure you do it when and how you like with no interruptions. You'll feel like a new person when you return to the world.

Keep on rockin'
Mickie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mickie,

On this post there is a photo of a guy surrounded by guitars. Do you know how I can reach this guy? I have a question about one of the guitars.

TimHoeflich@yahoo.com

Mickie said...

Hello Tim,

The guitar guy is Joe Walla. You can check him out at www.joewalla.com or on MySpace. I've also forwarded him your e-mail address so he can contact you.

Keep on rockin'
Mickie