Monday, April 1, 2013

Dave Morrison in Burbank April 2

Hi Everybody,

I'll be performing twice this coming week. Tuesday, I'm hosting a special Talent Roundup at Viva Cantina in Burbank. Our usual second Tuesday show was hijacked due to a big rockabilly extravaganza celebrating Carl Perkins' birthday. So we moved over to the first Tuesday. 
That's April 2nd.

Then, on Friday, April 5, I am playing at The Coffee Gallery Backstage again. I'm happy to be splitting the bill with my good friend, the very talented John M

Let's get the details. First up, Viva Cantina, April 2nd.

I get around L.A. a lot, and have the pleasure of meeting some great and very talented people. I've asked three of my favorite singer-songwriter-performers to come out and play for us. Fernando Perdomo, Jonie Blinman, and Lorin Hart are all really great. They will each be doing five-song sets, and I'll play my own set as well. Here's a little about each of them.

Fernando Perdomo is a singer-songwriter from Miami who has made a major impact with his debut cd, "Home is Wherever You Are". His single "Smile" is currently in the Global Digital Radio Top 100. The legendary Rickie Lee Jones recently took to twitter to tell her fans to check out his symphonic acoustic sound.    http://fernandoperdomo.com/fr_home.cfm

I became a fan of Jonie Blinman when I was hosting at Kulak's Woodshed. Every week, Jonie came in with songs that I wish I had written. Anybody can stumble on to a good one now and then, but when you come across somebody with songs this consistently fine, there is just no denying that a major new talent has arrived. She'll be joined by Kristin Pitman on violin and harmony vocals. Here's a taste:    http://www.reverbnation.com/jonieblinman

What can I say about Lorin Hart? I met Lorin the first time I ever played out, and I have been a fan ever since. It is an enduring mystery why Lorin is not a household name. Her song are utterly her own, with images and melodies only Lorin could come up with. She recently joined us at Throop Hall, and her set was a revelation, every song a perfect American gem. She's writing better than ever. And what a great singer she is.    http://www.reverbnation.com/lorinhart

900 Riverside Dr. Burbank, Ca
We start at 7:30 sharp. Come enjoy some great Mex food, and an adult beverage from the bar. We're in the back room. Park across the street at Pickwick Center ... they welcome Viva fans. There's no cover charge, but tips are appreciated, and CDs are available.

Next up, Dave Morrison and John M. atThe Coffee Gallery Backstage.
I met John at a songwriter's gathering about eight years ago. We've been pals and colleagues ever since, even meeting up in Texas a couple years back when his tour schedule allowed him a few days at the Kerrville Folk Festival where I was holed up. He rolled in with bugs on the windshield and a spankin' new song on his lips. And a great song at that. John knows how to write 'em and put 'em across. I'm glad we could get our schedules together. It's been too long since we shared a stage. He'll be joined by bass legend, Chad Watson, and Elise singin' backups.

I will be doing a rare solo set. Well almost ... I might have Chad on bass for a few, but I want to take a break from the band-shows that will dominate the summer schedule ... and get intimate. I'll be playing several songs that are requested often, but seldom played. This will be a very different set than usual. I might even take a request or two. John and I have not decided which of us will play first. Neither of us cares. You probably don't either.

The Coffee Gallery Backstage
2029 N. Lake Av. Altadena Ca.
$15 ... Reservations are strongly suggested.626 798 6236
Show starts promptly at 8pm.

I hope to see you at one of these shows, (or both if you're as crazy as I am)

Yours, Dave

No comments: