Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Christmas CD releases to benefit cancer research

WBNS 10-TV news anchor Heather Pick releases her debut charity CD titled "Circle of Support" on Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2007. The CD, produced in conjunction with A Christmas to Cure Cancer, features three original songs. Pick chose the timing of this release to coincide with October as Breast Cancer Awareness month. She hopes this will be a great gift idea for those currently battling cancer, cancer survivors and their supporters and that it will raise awareness and money to fight the disease.
Eight-year breast cancer survivor Heather Pick co-wrote two songs with Dave Clo on the album: the title track as well as "I Dare You." The inspirational CD also features familiar cover songs performed by Pick, such as "I Run For Life," "Breakaway," "I Hope You Dance," "I Shall Believe," and "Come Away With Me."
The CD is available for a donation of $15. Every dollar goes toward the cancer research charity of the donor's choosing based on the partner list on A Christmas to Cure Cancer's Web site at www.achristmastocurecancer.org
"I am currently battling breast cancer so I have a vested interest in finding a cure for it," said Pick. "It's my hope that the CD will offer a small bit of inspiration, because let's face it, we all know someone struggling against this terrible disease. I am amazed at the level of talent offered to support this CD Project. It is likely that every family will eventually be touched by cancer in some way. This was a positive avenue to support those families and, hopefully, someday prevent others from ever having to deal with it."
"The inspiration behind the song 'Circle of Support' is my husband, Joe Cygan. When faced with a disease, so much attention focuses on patients, and not enough, on those who stand next to them through the difficult times. I am so thankful for all the support… and this song was written for those who are "rocks" when a loved one needs a little place to lean, despite not always getting the support they deserve. Thanks to my wonderful husband who jokes he's my 'arm candy'.
"'I Dare You', was written about the choices you make. You can do one of two things when smacked with a challenge in life. Become a victim – and use it as an excuse – or empower yourself. I think you can figure out where I stand."
With its production of Pick's album, A Christmas to Cure Cancer raises money through donations in exchange for CDs and through benefit concerts during the year. Mark Puskarich, President of A Christmas To Cure Cancer, has produced six charity CDs, moved over 20,000 albums and raised nearly $450,000 for cancer research.
A Christmas to Cure Cancer, Inc. is an IRS registered 501c(3) non-profit organization.

No comments: