Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Relapse Records signs Kingdom of Sorrow

Relapse Records is proud to announce the signing of Jamey Jasta and Kirk Windstein’s KINGDOM OF SORROW.
Jasta (HATEBREED, ICEPICK) and Windstein (DOWN, CROWBAR) came together some three years ago to create KINGDOM OF SORROW, and in that time put together an album’s worth of crushing American metal. Relapse will give the band’s long-awaited debut album its proper worldwide release this coming February.
Upon signing, Jasta comments: “I can't even begin to explain how excited I am about Kingdom Of Sorrow! There's been 2 and a half years of questions, rumors and speculation surrounding this and now we can finally move forward! We've signed a worldwide deal with Relapse Records!!! It's an honor. Kirk and I could not be happier, I've always been a big fan of the label.”
Jasta continues: “I can't wait for the world to hear this record. It crushes!! I pushed myself to become a better vocalist and wrote and expressed myself lyrically in a totally different way than I have before. Kirk has never sounded better! His tone is like a 747 filled with tar crashing into a lead mountain. We should press this CD on plutonium because it really is that HEAVY. It was so much fun working on this record. There was no other motive than to have fun and make a unique and different record for the both of us while keeping it heavy, mean and rockin! I think everyone is going to be really surprised!”
Windstein adds: “We’re just so happy to have this come out…finally! We had a great time putting it together and we’re just so proud of it. Its super heavy, man, it just crushes! Everyone I play it for, their jaws drop. And after three years, it feels good to know now everyone can hear it.”
The KINGDOM OF SORROW album was recorded at Planet Z Studios in Massachusetts with producer Zeuss (HATEBREED, SHADOWS FALL) and will include 11 tracks. KINGDOM OF SORROW preview tracks can be heard now via the band’s official MySpace: www.MySpace.com/KingdomOfSorrow.
Stay tuned to www.RELAPSE.com for forthcoming KINGDOM OF SORROW news / album release information.

No comments: