Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Crossover cellist Tina Guo's new album now available

23 year old cellist Tina Guo (pronounced g-woe) is a true and unique crossover artist. Classically trained, Tina, who was born in Shanghai, China and moved to Hartford, CT when she was five years old, has appeared as a soloist with many orchestras internationally, including the San Diego Symphony, the State of Mexico National Symphony, the Thessaloniki State Symphony in Greece, the Petrobras Symphony and the Barra Mansa Symphony in Brazil, and the Vancouver Island Symphony in British Columbia. Tina is the featured guest on Al. B Sure's new single, "I Love It" from his upcoming album "Honey, I'm Home" to be released in May of 2009.

Tina's new 12 song CD, Autumn Winds, is available now at The Official Tina Guo Merchandise Store http://tinaguo.ecrater.com/, CD Baby (http://cdbaby.com/cd/tinaguo) as well as on iTunes.

Produced, performed and arranged by Guo, Autumn Winds features original renditions of several classical favorites including a lightening-fast Flight of the Bumble Bee, and Bach's Air, as well as original compositions by Guo (I Lost My Love in the Wind; The Peace Variations-based on Dona Nobis Pacem; A Song With No Words-with Grammy® nominee Thomas "Baraka" DiCandia) and her father, cellist Lu-Yan Guo (Ice Lake).

DiCandia also serves as co-producer and lends his guitar playing and vocal talents to the album. He has worked on many platinum records as a guitarist, producer, and engineer/editor with artists including Sting, Live, Weezer, Tiffany, Coolio, Unwritten Law and Manhattan Transfer.

Tina's love for and of music comes from her heart-and great genes. Her parents, cellist Lu-Yan Guo and violinist Fei-Fei Soong were Tina's early inspirations and nurtured her enthusiastic, creative soul.

"I want to touch your heart and show you through my music what I feel, what I see beyond the surface of life. To express everything I've experienced...the anguish, the darkness, torment, suffering, hopelessness, and the beauty of resurrection, of peace, of seeing the light, of finding enlightenment, the eternal ecstasy of love, the joy of finding my soul," said Guo, explaining her passion and artistry.

In addition to countless solo appearances with symphonies around the world and having attended the University of Southern California on a full music scholarship, Tina has performed with her progressive metal band "Off the Deep End" at the wrap party for the Sundance Film Festival in Utah, and was featured in a wildlife benefit concert at the Playboy Mansion. She has also performed with Stevie Wonder, Josh Groban, John Legend, and Michael McDonald, Persian superstar Andy, and was featured in a show for the PGA.

A highly sought after studio musician, Tina recently recorded solo cello for John Legend and Tila Tequila, played on Derek Sherinian's new album with Zakk Wylde, shot a music video with Kelly Clarkson and Reba McEntire, played in the soundtrack for Will Smith's blockbuster movie Hancock and on the TV show Family Guy among many others. Tina was also featured on the electric cello in an album for the Yamaha SV Quartet Series which were distributed to music programs in schools nationwide, introducing electric string instruments to the music curriculum in America. At NAMM 2009, Tina also performed for Yamaha on the electric cello.

"A musical prodigy. Saying that Tina is a talented musician is an understatement."All Access Magazine

"Tina Guo and her band pretty much took the roof off the house."ASIA Journal of Culture and Commerce

When I play my cello, I am completely pure, naked, and open. I long for the moments when my outer shell no longer matters. I hunger for every genuine tear of sorrow, joy, or understanding shared. When you can hear me for who I am, and see me in a way that doesn't involve looking at me, but rather looking through me, only then can I be satisfied.
Tina Guo

www.TinaGuo.com
www.Myspace.com/TinaGuoMusic
www.Youtube.com/Demix500

No comments: