Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Vinnie Moores readying solo effort

Almost a decade has passed as the much anticipated Vinnie Moore’s solo release is about to invade the world – TO THE CORE releases May 26th on Mascot Records U.S.A.

Moore’s spent the last several years out on tour with British rock/metal band UFO. Once off tour, Moore spent time orchestrating his new album meticulously laying down the tracks to his newest guitar instrumental masterpiece.

Choosing a very retro-contemporary rock style mixed with many other styles and influences, Moore decided he would make it a good old-fashioned rock 'n' roll instrumental album. It’s just Vinnie Moore, his guitar, and his raw guitar talent – all the ingredients that make's this album a work of art.

TO THE CORE boasts such tracks as “Fly”, “Panic Attack” and “Off The Hook.” All the songs take on unique tones has Moore takes you on a journey track after track. “The only plan I had when making this record was to do some things I have never done before,” explains Moore. I am into many types of music and wanted to make a record where I could just let it all pour out without limitations. I am basically a rock guy but all these other influences that filter into my music. You can hear many styles from an R&B/Hip Hop vibe to one that is heavy but has an indian vibe with lots of exotic percussion. I even have a couple tunes with techno elements, some funk, some blues and some bepop. Hell, there is even some motorcycles on it and I even played slide guitar on "Jigsaw" which is fairly new for me. The common thread that ties it all together is probably the fact that it's me playing guitar through it all.”

TO THE CORE was recorded at The Core. John “JD” Deservio (Black Label Society/Bass) plays bass, Van Romaine on drums and Tim Lehner on keyboards.

For more information please go to www.vinniemoore.com or www.mascotrecordsusa.com

No comments: