Monday, November 7, 2011

Judy Collins in La Verne - review

Sometimes I just have to share my mail... After my story about Judy Collins coming to Mrs. Nelson's Toy and Book Shop in La Verne published I received a few phone calls and e-mails from readers excited about the event. I asked them to let me know what they thought and here is one of their responses. Enjoy! ~M

Hi Michelle,

It was GREAT!

She was a bit late and everyone was waiting. There were chairs set up but not enough, and many were standing. There were about 70-80(?) people there.

She walked in and went to the table up front, picked up the microphone, said hello and apologized for being late. She said she didn't realize how far it was. Then she immediately started singing "Clouds". She spoke for about 15-20 minutes and sang quite a bit. She told how when she was young, she would sing and her two best friends would dance, and they would put on performances. They are still among her best friends.

She had many in tears when she was singing, especially during "Clouds".

Everyone was happy and smiling because they all went there for the same reason.

She wore black tights a little purple top, and high heels. She is skinny and looks great.

I could go on and on about what she talked about but I don't want to possibly bore you.

Then there was the line for book-signing which was very long. The lady in front of me showed me her name, which is Judy Collihns. When she got to the front of the line, Judy Collins signed her book, "The other one".

Great night! If you hadn't done the article, and if I hadn't read it, I would have missed the nice evening for sure.

Susan G

No comments: