Promoters of the first annual Rocktoberfest at L.A. LIVE announced that rock icon Gene Simmons will host KISS Army night at the festival on Thursday, October 18, 2012. Simmons plans to hit the stage for a jam session at about 8:30 p.m. Other KISS band members will be in attendance and an all star jam session is planned.
Presented by Rock & Brews, a restaurant concept founded by Simmons and business partners’ restaurateur Michael Zislis and concert promoter Dave Furano, Rocktoberfest is a rockin’ California tribute to the two centuries-old Bavarian tradition with a schedule of events taking place at L.A. LIVE in downtown Los Angeles October 15-21. Nightly festivities will include DJs and jam bands, special celebrity guests, Wolfgang Puck’s globally-inspired Oktoberfest cuisine, local, national and international beers, and a special craft beer festival on Sunday, October 21.
Rocktoberfest will kick off with an opening gala benefitting Wounded Warrior Project, hosted by Simmons and Puck on October 15 from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Tickets to the gala start at $100. The event is limited to 1,000 attendees and will sell out quickly. Some big names in rock and roll are expected to take the stage in a jam band format.
KISS Army night will welcome KISS and rock and roll fans from around the world to enjoy food, fun and a special jam session featuring Simmons and others.
Nightly festivities are scheduled for Tuesday, October 16 through Saturday, October 20 from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. with pre-sale tickets starting at just $10. Closing out the first annual Rocktoberfest on Sunday, October 21, will be the Craft Brew Festival from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. which will feature more than 50 different craft beers and breweries. A portion of proceeds from the Craft Brew Festival will proudly benefit The GRAMMY Museum at L.A. LIVE.
Rocktoberfest Ticket information:
· Opening Night (October 15) Charity Jam tickets start at $100 and include $60 worth of food and beverage vouchers. Reserved VIP tables for 8 are $1500 and VIP tickets are $250. Both VIP options include a seated dinner featuring Wolgang Puck’s globally-inspired Oktoberfest menu, exclusive table service and premiere views of the live entertainment. Also announced today are exclusive VIP packages that include the chance to jam onstage with Gene Simmons, take pictures with Wolfgang and Gene on the red carpet and much more! A portion of ticket sales will proudly benefit Wounded Warrior Project.
· General Admission tickets are available for $20 when purchased in advance at rocktoberfest.com. The $20 admission includes a commemorative Rocktoberfest beer stein.
· General Admission tickets will also be available for purchase on the day of the event at L.A. LIVE for $25.
· Reserved VIP tables for 8 are available on Saturday evening for $800. VIP tickets are also available for $125. Both VIP options include, a seated dinner featuring Wolfgang Puck’s globally-inspired Oktoberfest menu, exclusive table service and premiere views of the live entertainment.
· Tickets for the Craft Brew Festival on Sunday, October are $50 and will include 12 3oz pours to redeem from over 50 craft breweries and a portion of ticket sales will proudly benefit The GRAMMY Museum at L.A. LIVE.
“We are taking the concept of Oktoberfest and contemporizing it with a rock theme and one of the most energetic environments in California at L.A. LIVE,” said Simmons. “The event will rock the socks off any other Oktoberfest celebration offering great food, incredible beers, and a strictly non oom pah pah rock vibe.”
For information on Rocktoberfest, VIP packages and to purchase tickets in advance, please visit www.rocktoberfest.com.