Thursday, July 15, 2010

End o' Week Musings



It's been a hectic week for me to say the least. Even now, I'm cramming to get out of the office, as I have tons to do! You're getting this a tad early because tomorrow I'll be preparing for the Doo Dah gala.


Sunday my friend Roc gave me and my mom tickets to the Starlight Bowl in Burbank and we saw Fantastic Diamond and Abbacadabra. Fantastic Diamond is a Neil Diamond tribute act that boasts a terrific band! Abbacadabra is, well Abba, and they were really good as well. It was nice listening to music in the evening with a little picnic.



Monday I interview Mike Hranica from The Devil Wears Prada. He was to-the-point, but friendly and interesting. Later, I worked with my friend Joe Velosa on dumbek. He's the drummer for Chico's Bail Bonds and the bassist for The Subs and will be backing my dancing at the gala Saturday. Joe offered to learn how to play dumbek for the occasion! It's a bit of work, but I think he's going to do fine because he already had it going when he dropped by to borrow my drum.



Tuesday I played phone tag with Dave Wakeling of The English Beat all day and was already in a mess because my computer was acting weird. IT took it and worked on it and now I have e-mail again woo hoo!


In the evening I went to GHOULA's Spirits with Spirits event at Mexico in Hollywood. The restaurant was once a recording studio where the Doors did some work and Jim Morrison supposedly haunts its bathroom and other spots. The group meets over cocktails in haunted places to discuss the paranormal and socialize.


I ran into Joe of the Wild Bunch of Hollywood, who recognized me from the Doo Dah Parade, so we hung out together. We decided to check out the haunted bathroom. Neither of us experienced anything strange, but the photos of Morrison seem to look straight at you when you're doing your business and that was kinda creepy!


Yesterday I interviewed Stevie Benton of Drowning Pool. He was a lot of fun, a really perky guy with a good sense of humore. Later, I caught up with Dave Wakeling -finally- and we had a very good chat. He's really into taking care of his flowers on his balcony, but you'll have to read my story at http://www.sgvn.com/ to get all the secrets he divulged.


I also spoke with John Garside, producer of "Captain Neptune & the Menacing Squid." The film is up for two awards in the Action on Film Festival in Pasadena next week. Wish him luck!


Tonight is dance night, then tomorrow I'll be doing all the last minute prep for the gala. Saturday night is a don't-miss, get the skinny from the posting below.




Next week I have an interview with Joe Walla and other fun...



In rotation this week: Jewel, Joe Walla and Aerosmith



Photos we got 'em: A couple of pet photos from the usual sources, plus a nice shot of Mike Molina of Los Fabulocos at his art show opening at the Bluebird Art House in Whittier and a photo of my co-worker Carol and her dog Freedom, who was awards Companion Dog Excellent last weekend in Ventura.


Thought o' the week: Make time to be nice. No matter how busy you are - and I'm overloaded right now - it is always good to be polite and caring toward others. I may feel like rushing ahead of everyone out the door, but instead I'll be patient, smile and take my turn. The same with driving and waiting in lines.



We're all busy, we all want to get there, do that, but we don't need to add to the rushed world. Calm down, take a breath and remember your manners. Your little thoughtfulness could make someone's day.

Keep on rockin'
Mickie

2 comments:

Kristen Stewart said...

Hope you would add my blog. Thanks a lot. Keep blogging....

Love your blog and you are added :)http://spacestation-shuttle-archive.blogspot.com/. Keep up the good work and thanks for the kinds words. -- Kristen

Mickie said...

Hello Kristen,

Your blog is sooo cool! I encourage all my readers to check out Nasa Images and I have it in my Favorite Places just in case you forget to get there.

Enjoy and keep on rockin'
Mickie